Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin decided to buy an F7. So he went out to the dealer and was given a price. Standard Black F7, with reverse for $8200 OTD. He was also told that the 0,0,0 was still in effect. And has signs on all his Cats advertising this.

Now, I know the 0,0,0 was still available, becuase I went with a friend of mine yesterday and picked up his new F7, and that was the finance deal he got.

Anyway, my cousin drives the 1 hour and 45 min tonight, and the dealer tells him the total is $8800. He said that the $8200 was without the labor for the reverse $250, and the tax.

He also tells him that he got a fax today from the finance company, and the 0,0,0 ended yesterday, so he didn't qualify.

How does this BS sound to you guys? Does anyone know if the 0,0,0 really ended yesterday? I told my cousin I would have told him keep the F***ing sled.

Oh, did I mention they were unable to perform the smart valve update becuase the parts weren't in???

More BS. My cousin took the sled, because he really had no choice. He gave the guy a deposit, and we are going away Tuesday and both of his other sleds are not usable.

If anyone can provide some info on the financing I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
WOW ....HE GOT HAMMERED...SORRY TO HEAR THAT ...PLEASE POST THE NAME OF THAT DEALER SO I CAN STEER CLEAR OF THAT ASSHO*E

·
Registered
25 Posts
Arctic Cat did extend the 0-0-0 program,but it does not include the F7
I have smart valves in stock ,don't drive it without doing all the up dates
your dealer should not let this sled out the door without doing all the updates

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I KNOW WITH SKI DOO THAT THE DEALERS GET A $300 BONUS IF THE BUYER DOESN'T TAKE THE SPECIAL FINANCING...IS THIS THE CASE WITH CAT ALSO??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right now Cat offers 0-0-0- for 6months or 7.8% financing,we don't
recieve anything extra from Arctic Cat if you use Cat financing or your own bank

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
You guys are really getting slammed by the dealers 7200 is much better but I've heard 5900.00 when 2 buy there sled at the same time cash. Absolutly no BS.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
:lol: That dealer is laughing all da way to the bank :lol:

I paid 7136 OTD Even though you got reverse installed it was way too much. When you went to the dealer did you notice that he drove a Jaguar or Hummer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the f7 i was looking at today was going for $7700 and the dealer is throwing in a winshield bag,tank bag,saddle bag.cover,spare plugs and belt and i think a gallon of oil

·
Registered
696 Posts
If he told him a price OTD, then tacked on more? :huh: I don't want to be offensive, but your cousin has to get the balls to tell the dealer to go f**k himself, and walk out the door. There are plenty of dealers in my neck of the woods who are on the edge of closing because of the last 4 shitty winters. They really want the business. Apparently this Jack-ass doesn't want it or need it. Tell your cousin to stop payment on the deposit check and bring back the sled. There will always be another trip. He's getting screwed. :eek:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
According to my dealer the F7 wasn't part of the extended 0-0-0 program. He initially told me it was but found out it ended before I bought mine in the end of December he was able to come up with a 90day 0-0-0 program for me though I think it was something through his rep.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I agree that MikeC's cousins deal sounds fishy,but please remember that the lowest price is not always the best "deal". I'd gadly pay my local dealer $200 more for the sled knowing I was going to be taken care of after the sale.I.E--service hours, parts availability,recall noticifacation,mechanics experience and so forth. How many of you traveled a little further for a better "deal" on your Firecat and now wish you would have taken that deal that might have been just a little bit more money?
Just something to think about.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by bsouv@Jan 17 2003, 10:36 AM
How many of you traveled a little further for a better "deal" on your Firecat and now wish you would have taken that deal that might have been just a little bit more money?
It's an hour and a half from Grand Forks, ND to Bagley, MN...and It was a little more expensive there too. I'll do it again too. (Troy, take notice...I'm plugging for you again :D )

But this poor guy was supposed to be paying $8200.00 OTD (which I think is about $700.00 high) and at pick-up got throttled for another $600.00? :blink: That's dirty pool in my book. And on top of it all, the dealer sent it out w/o the valve update. He sure didn't pay the extra money for their good service! <_<

But if he paid it anyway...I guess it's his problem now.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Wicked King, I agree that deal sucked! It's called low balling and then bumping the customer when he comes to pick it up. Oldest trick in the book. He should have walked away,but the dealer proberly knew his customers urgency and knew he could get away with it! My comments were just in general not pertaining to this 'bad" deal. I'll say it again "lowest price is not always the best deal within reason".

1 - 20 of 23 Posts