Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to thank everyone for all the help at Snow Bash this weekend.Would also like to thank the guy that came with Dave and Looney,never caught his name.This was the first time out for this sled and it was a disaster when we started but absolutly flew by the end of the day.I never could have gotten this thing to go without all the help and really appreciate Dave driving at such short notice.Can't thank Dale enough,they were running a ton of classes and still found time to give us a hand on Saturday and Sunday.I would say that is pretty good support for a trail sled.I learned a ton about the Boondocker from these guys and now just need to get it fine tuned.For all you guys out there that doubt D&D's Monster Pipes and porting package you might want to give it a try.This thing flat out moves even with the so called Dumb Drive.Again thank's for the help. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thanks for letting me beat on all your stuff. :smilielol: Grass can be fun if you have 20 guys helping . All I had to do was get on and go ! I didn't even have to start it ! :beerchug: I still think dirt is for potato's .....or was that sand we were racing on ? :augen41: Thanks again . Dave .

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
well tell us more!!!!!! what classes were you running and what package did you get.....Oh and how much beer did you have to give LT and D1D ??? just wanna make sure they didn,t price gouge er beer gouge ya ........hahahahha

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hmmmm, never met Dead1Dave, but I have met Looney. If Dead1dave was doing the driving and not Looney, it must mean that looney has continued in his efforts to become the next Newman from Seinfeld!! :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
There wasn't any beer involved. Why didn't I think of that? :beerchug: No problem with the help, but I'm like Dave, I'll stick with the nice, clean asphalt sleds. Sand is for beaches, not race tracks. :doh: Still fun to watch the sleds go that fast in that distance. The other guy was Jeff Donner, he still races on grass.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We ran it in amatuer 700improved,700super stock and 800super stock.Dave took the win in 800 and would have easily won the other two if we could have figured out the fuel earlier.Looney also found the sensor for the throttle was cutting out so that helped a bit when it got unhooked.The motor is a 700 with Trail Porting,Monster Pipes, V-Force reeds and the Boondocker.You cannot believe the way this thing accellerates for a 700.We were basically running against sleds that were not for trail use including a few SRX's and this thing just pulls on all of them at about half track.I can tell you though that when the day started it would'nt have beat my daughters 120.Boondocker will take some practice but it is awesome once you get it close.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes,I need ALOT of practice with the Boondocker as I'm sure you noticed.Dale gave us some good info Sunday that should make it a little easier to tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts