Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week end in Munising, MI. was my first real trip of the season. I was really hyped. Trial riding on saturday was nice even the two foot holes in the trail, when ridden at proper speed. Off trail riding is awesome on this sled. Oh, yeah F7 SP. So any way, after a guy rolls his sled were picking up him and the pieces ( too much liquid courage) I believe, I go to restart my sled, I ride for about twenty feet, and it starts cutting out, I stop and then go again, same thing. So, I shut it down and restart, it runs for about 3 seconds and dies, then once more, same thing. So here I am thinking the worst, smart valve or fuel pump. Its really dark. So not to take chances I have one riding buddy toe me to a bar, meanwhile my buddy, I could have decked him is pulling me at 50-60 mph and trying to snow me by hitting every drift he could. That little bastard. So I wait they load me up and drive back to the hotel. Next morning I'am fishing for the smart valve, pull that and its okay. Then I try to start it again, and I'am pulling slowly on the starter cord, it was cold out. I then notice that I seemed to have bumped my tether cord. Then I am thinking no way, Holy shit its off by about 1/8". Push it on fully, pull the cord, she fires. I'am like sominabitch, I can't believe this fargin bastage. God, I felt like the biggest cork-sucker. So, even after all these years of sledding I win the A-hole of the weekend award from my ridding buddies. Damn, I'll never live this one down.

Got any good stories, lets here them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
ROFLMFAO....THATS GOOD :D

ok ...my buddy buys a used 98 zr 600 from this guy in january 1999 with a trailer and a helmet...so our first trip out ...its brutally cold and I have the modular so I am just fine...he on the other hand is frosting up to no end...he can't ride more than 2-3 miles before he has to stop and get the ice off his shield...we get to a store and he buys no fog and that actually made it worse...he is highly pissed off and thinking maybe he shouldn't have bought a sled or at the very least, bought a modular! We get to this bar and he's so pissed he tears out the inner part of the double pane of his shield...were sitting there warming up and I'm playing with his shield and I start laughing my ass off ...He being pissed is mad at me for laughing..and starts questioning me.....I look at him and show him his torn off shield and TEAR THE PLASTIC COVER OFF OF IT!!...he took the plastic off of the outside but not the inside...then he tries putting it back together again and now snow comes inbetween the cracks.....he ends up spending $30 on a new shield.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dumbest thing I have ever did was put straight gas in a 73 Cheetah 440...made it about 2 miles. Ah, the good ol' days though...scavenged parts off a 340 kawi motor in a junked sled and was back riding a few hours later. :p

·
Registered
978 Posts
hahahah

i remeber i was crossin water on my blaster and it cut out so i go for the owrst thinkin i sucked in some water... i get it the 5 more feet to shore wit my buddies quad pushin me ,its like 40 degrees out and im soaked, i start pulling everything apart spark plug, ignition, airbox, mag cover ... i knew i inhaled some water, i was certain i did... then an hour goes by im puttin it together i look up at my cousin, he jumps on it hit the kill switch gives it a kick or 2 and it starts right up... it endin up being me knee hit the kill switch, now im half way frozen and theres a trailer on the way so i start ripin the trail, i forgot to put my plug in the air box, lucky my cousin being an a$$ again saw it and had to be stupid, he pulls it out and says goddamn yamaha's i find pieces to them all over the trail... little did i know it was to mine, i got home noticed it was gone and my filter was completly covered... he gave it up...

it was a bad day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts