Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,911 Posts
So i’ve tested all the relays. All click with power supplied and show 0 ohm resistance. Replacing them anyways when they come in the mail.

I crossed the solenoid posts and it turns over fine. Still zero life to gauges, efi, etc.

Im thinking kill switch is bad or grounding out somewhere, but i have a question. When the key is turned, how many prongs on the key switch should be sending current? So far as I can tell, only one is on mine.
Probably only one if just powering the display. Two if cranking. EFI likely doesn't run off the battery.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well my key is sending power from one of the terminals but nothing happens. That probably means it's grounding out somewhere then.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Another question: are the relays for the FST's open until closed or closed until open? I got some advice from someone the other day I've been mulling over but I'm not sure it's accurate.

I was debating disconnecting the key, as the key (theoretically) is what closes the circuit if they are open until closed. At that point if I jumped the solenoid posts the relays would all open and therefore, assuming no other unknown problems, start the sled. Does this add up?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you ever replace the relays or switch out the EFI relay with the chassis relay? Have you ever unplugged the ignition switch? If so you can plug the wires back on incorrectly. It's also possible the the ignition switch to be bad.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did you ever replace the relays or switch out the EFI relay with the chassis relay? Have you ever unplugged the ignition switch? If so you can plug the wires back on incorrectly. It's also possible the the ignition switch to be bad.
Yeah i did unplug it. While I was home briefly I unplugged the key switch and crossed the solenoid posts. Nada. Might just take it in as I don't have time to check through every wire on the sled.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did you ever get it running?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts