Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experiences with DD pipes, clutching on a '99 zrt 600? I just bought one with those accesories. Clutching is probably the first thing i'll work on.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an 01 ZRT6 with a complete D&D setup, pipes, quiet can, trail clutch kit, and power breather. Dan at D&D calls this his power pack.Net results are excellent, jetting specs where spot on and sled is a missle. I put this setup on the sled at 700 miles, the sled now has 7800 miles with no quirks or durability issues and starts first pull every time!!!!!! :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had it on my 2000 when it was a trail sled. I was always happy with the trail performance. I didn't use the powerbreater, but pipes and clutch kit were a good marriage!

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
my buddy has the same thing but with their lake race port job too and it rips! we're not pros i admit, but it's the quickest 600 trail sled we've seen around us.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys, cant wait to get this thing on the snow.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by my cat eats dogs@Sep 13 2005, 11:48 PM
Does anyone have any experiences with DD pipes, clutching on a '99 zrt 600? I just bought one with those accesories. Clutching is probably the first thing i'll work on.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874102
[/quote]
I think you should reclutch to 9150 with those pipes, I have a set for my 1996, I believe that was what they called for.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by DrWho17@Sep 16 2005, 06:11 AM
I think you should reclutch to 9150 with those pipes, I have a set for my 1996, I believe that was what they called for.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=877614
[/quote]

Wow..9150, what did they run for stock? I'm really wondering if they are really DD pipes now, they do not have any brand stampings on them, but are definately aftermarket. It does have a DD clutch kit. One of the cleanest used sleds i ever saw.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
D&D doesn't stamp their name on their pipes. Might have a small plate tacked to the bottom of the head pipe on each pipe.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by my cat eats dogs@Sep 18 2005, 12:05 AM
Wow..9150, what did they run for stock? I'm really wondering if they are really DD pipes now, they do not have any brand stampings on them, but are definately aftermarket. It does have a DD clutch kit. One of the cleanest used sleds i ever saw.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879799
[/quote]
Stock was 8200 or thereabouts. I have DD pipesand BM pipes, and have seen the specs on PSI pipes, they all want to rev to 9000-9300 rpm. I spin 9200 myself, I know it sounds bad, but that's where the pipes make their power. I tear the motor down each year, and rering and so forth, but I've not had any problems revving that high.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't have any plates tacked on also, i got a part number off another guy with dd trail pipes, when i get home i'll check it out. Noone with pics of their pipes or cans?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I believe I was the one who sent you the part #'s. No numbers or stampings anywhere on the pipes. I also use their clutching and power breather with v-force reeds and B/M mono-block head kit. This sled does rip. I had to do a lot of adjusting on my rear suspension so it would sit and feel controllable when nailing the happy lever. Never any problems with my sled either. Yes it will run 9200 and all day if you want it to. Kevin

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
If they are D&D Pipes run them at 9100-9200 RPMs( I have had them on a Dyno at Hooper Racing).If you run it under 9000 RPMs you will lose power.That engine has a short stroke and was made to rev.I've been running D&D pipes on a 99 ZRT 600 for over 5 years.SS

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
But with such high Rpm, do any of you have any reliability problems. This is the only reason we havent put pipes on our 01 the thought of 1000rpm mre and running 9200rpm seems like more race then trail reliability.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome, thanks alot guys, sounds like dd pipes run good, the can on there looks dd'ish also. Thanks sleddinfool, i'll check them on weds.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres a pic of the pipes, couldn't find any part #'s.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Because of the short stroke, the piston speeds are not a problem even at 9000. "Race" versions of this motor spin past 10,000. This engine was designed with high revs in mind.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone recognize those pipes?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by my cat eats dogs@Oct 15 2005, 10:53 PM
Heres a pic of the pipes, couldn't find any part #'s.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932412
[/quote]
Black magic's magic triples have the Black Magic logo embossed on them. DD's are generic looking like that, but I can't say those are DD, I can only say they aren't Black Magic triples (by the pictures).

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tried it out on some good long runs. DD clutch kit is off like i assumed, was spinning 9500 rpm's at about 110 on the speedo with a 1.25 track.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
YES those are DD pipes with DD can i have a friend that has the same pipes with porting and shimmed cylinders and that thing runs very hard drive it like you stole it and it will run for years i have never seen a sled love so much PUNISHMENT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts