Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was thinking on buying a rev at the end of the winter because i have heard great things about them how they handle well and are great on bumps. But i wanted to try it out for myself to see if what people were saying was fact or fiction. Anyway it was a blair morgan edtion 800. I wanted to try this sled in every way to compare to my f7 snopro. In powder, jumping, handling, bump performance, suuspension trael, watercross you name it and it did perform just as well as my firecat in 90% of the things and better in some and not as good in others. I think the comparion would have been more fair against a standard suspension firecat because this rev was soft compared to my snopro package.

When i first got on it felt kinda weird and i liked my firecat better, as the day went on i began to like the rev. No doubt this sled does take bumps better and does not kick you up as much on bumps as a normal sled would. On the same strech of trail my sled would kick me off the seat when the rev would not. For handling, the rev did corner better than my firecat. Suspension wise its more of a trail sled than my f7 snopro, it bottomed out a lot more than my sled on the same riding conditions, but most people would have have rode the sled this hard.

Powerwise the sled had good power, i did not have the chance to drag it against my f7 because it was at the doo dealer while i was driving the rev. The problem was that it did not pull as hard as my f7 snopro most likely because of the 1 inch track compared to my 1.375. So in that aspect it wasnt a fair comparison, but if i had to compare my firecat pulled harder. I would have really liked to drag it against my firecat because ithe morgan sled is supposed to be fast, but my sled is not running that fast how it is because my engine is twisted because of my bent motor mounts, once thats fixed i would like to race it.

I got used to the trail riding aspect of the rev, the only thing i wasnt too comfortable doing on it was jumping, im sure i would get used to it just like i got used to my firecat but right now i like my firecat better for jumping.

IF i was STRICTY a trail rider i would be riding a rev, no question. In my opinion the rider postion is much better and is actually easier on your body than my firecat, it doesnt kick you off the seat as much and the suspesion works well, even though it was too soft for my style riding.

The only thing stopping me from getting one is that im not sure how i will be able to jump with it, as snowcross has a lot to do with jumping and i do a lot of it myself, but im sure i can get used to it.

On the ride back home on my firecat, the first thing i noticed how much harder the sled pull from holeshot, mainly because of the 1.375 track i have, but once the sleds got rolling they were about the same for speed. It would be hard for me to leave my firecat for a rev, i have got used to it all winter and i can control it really well not and im not sure if i want to start over on the rev.

Now, would i buy one. YES i would, my only complaints about the sled was the soft suspension compared to my f7snopro and that can be fixed with some revaled shocks and i felt more comfortable jumping my firecat but i would get used to the rev as time went on for jumping.

So, what am I going to do, get a rev for 04 or a new firecat? I am really confused in what to do, i like both sleds, but the dealer is going to be a deciding factor in the desicion i think. My cat dealer sucks, and the doo dealer is really good to me and my family, so when it comes down it, i am leaning towards a rev X 600 ho over the f6 snopro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting post. What's the price difference between the Blair Morgan and F6 you're considering? I find it highly interesting that you might go with another brand because of dealer problems. Without a good dealer to back the product...how good can the product be? That's something each of us have to answer for ourselves.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Just keep your F7 for another year. I wouldn't waste the money on a new Firecat because everything is the same. But if you really want the REV go for it.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yukon delta,

The cat dealer does not give me good service at all and questions everthing i do with the sled, i am glad my sled did not have any problems like some firecat owners because it would have been there all winter. First they would not give me the $400 in accessories i was intitled too from buying the sled within a certain time (this offer was only for canadians) but they said they couldnt give me it because cat laidthis on them at the last second and the only way i could get it if they would add 400 the the price the quoted me and i agreeed and signed on months before hand. So end of story i did not get my $400 i was supposed to. Also the belts on my sled have been breaking and they are not warranting them, they said its a big process from cat they need to go through and its not worth it, but a 1 week old belt that breaking apart with like 100 miles on it, shouldnt be warrantied? thats bullshit. And then they tried to tell me the 440 snopro is in a different chassis than my sled, but its the same chassis with a different engine dropped in with different shocks and minor driveline changes, different drivers etc.

One time they said they had a new pipe at the store for me because mine was cracked so i drove there and they wouldnt give it to me because my sled had to be there for them to give me the pipe. I had my pipe in my hands for prrof and i was gonna give it to them but no they couldnt give me the pipe, i had to go back put the sled on the trailor and then they would fix it, wow a 2 minute job.

I wanted some bolts for my frame that came out and they said they couldnt give them to me unless the sled was there and they installed them, so i would have to trailer my sled like a 30 minute drive for them to install 2 bolts that taked 30 seconds, why cant i do that myself?

There is so many stories i cant even say them all, but the doo dealer is 50 times better than my cat dealer and its probably gonna be the deciding factor in my purchase.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by teamgreen02@Mar 14 2003, 09:10 PM
Just keep your F7 for another year. I wouldn't waste the money on a new Firecat because everything is the same. But if you really want the REV go for it.
Im only getting a new sled because i want to race, and with the f7 you can only race open class againt mod sleds, but there is a 600 class so i want to get a 600 to race in that class.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Oh, that's good enough reason then. I would call a canadian service rep about your dealer. They do not have to install the new pipe, they just need your vin # and the old pipe. I needed the updated bellcrank arms for my 02 Sno Pro and I just got the new ones from my dealer, took the old ones off and put the new ones on, and then brought the old ones back to my dealer. My dealer is good, just very expensive.

D

·
0 Posts
haha ok I'm gonna bother some peeps but here is the one I would like sans the stupid graphics. I like my F and most likely will ride it another year but being a Doo rider at heart and really liking the forward bars and rider position more like a bike, I would buy this one and throw a 144x16 on it :) The new F comic book graphics are the worse I have ever seen. Makes me glad I bought mine when I did lol!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
teamgreen02,

I brought them my broke pipe and i had my vin number but they still said they couldnt do it. My sled had to be there or else hey could get in trouble. But for warranty work isnt their papers that i need to sign saying there was work done? my doo dealer does it, but my cat dealer say its not needed, well why does the sled need to be brought there for little 2 minutes fixes then? dont ask me. I want to call cat and complain to them about this bad dealer, i wish they had their cat dealership taken away and someone else get it.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
duke,

I am also a doo guy at heart and I agree thats a really nice sled! The best "hybrid" out i think, by far. I seen it at the 04 doo show the other day. My brother is getting one actually but in black/yellow. Those graphics are actually nice in person, well i think so anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You'll have your hands full dragging a Blair Morgan Rev. They pull like a wild boar with the heel clickers. A stock F7 won't stay with them midrange and top end.. I've personally witnessed that.

But with a clutch kit, intake and silencer saving about 8lbs I'd be ready to give one a shot now.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Nice Guy@Mar 14 2003, 10:03 PM
You'll have your hands full dragging a Blair Morgan Rev. They pull like a wild boar with the heel clickers. A stock F7 won't stay with them midrange and top end.. I've personally witnessed that.

But with a clutch kit, intake and silencer saving about 8lbs I'd be ready to give one a shot now.
I was talking stock vs. stock.

·
Super Moderator
4,357 Posts
I raced one in 600 ft beat it by 2 lengths at a local race we had. Did this twice to him... They are nothing special...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by FaSTBoY@Mar 14 2003, 06:53 PM
They are nothing special...
Two sled lengths does NOT make the firecat a superior sled. There's much more to it than that...or there should be. Are the REVs having alot of service/maintenance problems? Anyone know?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Every one talks about how fast a stock Blair Morgan sled is. I raced a couple & didnt see any difference. I asked 2 DMs for Doo & was told the tail is missing but performance wise it the same. Just made it to sell more sleds. They are not advertizing it as quicker . Only what is to come for 2004

·
Registered
986 Posts
Fast boy your right byoffcr but the 600 doo ho is a good sled also. but not in the class of your F7

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just thought I would add that numerous revs 600 and 800s have been going down due to bad rings. apparently there is a coating on the rings that has come off and wrecked the cylinders and pistons leading to low compression. i would think ski-doo would have this problem fixed for next year, but some of the doo 800 mountain riders having been complaining about this problem for two years now, so who knows...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts