Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
green-patriot Private messaged me with this below

your not the only one with all the updates and still burning down. mine onlt burnt once but had all updates done and. they couln't even turn my oil pump 1/2 turn which wouldn't have made a differance anyway. I still don't think thet have this figured out I have a buddie thats on his 3rd engine. so I don't know what to think. also get your dealer to order the cylinders right away I think they are on back order again. if they are tell him you want him to pull apart a brand new one. I will still premix my gas and oil untill they get this figured out . good luck

I feel like DEMANDING a full refund and snow check an F9 for next season.

My first Arctic Cat hasn't been a great experience.

Want to see what's causing the glacier on your tunnel? take the seat off and look how they caulked the heat exchanger in! They must have been DRUNK when they did that!

·
Registered
820 Posts
BREAK IT IN LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
ASK ANY SNOWMOBILE ENGINE REBUILDER , FACE TO FACE , AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO BREAK THESE NEW MOTORS IN JUST LIKE YOU WOULD TRAIL RIDE IT , GET ON AND GO!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What I found funny about this post is that this person would actually return it and order ANOTHER one for next season, F9 or not. :wacko:

·
Registered
962 Posts
You cannot break these motors in like you stole it.

If you did and it worked, lucky you.

These motors run on the edge of blowing there really tight you have to treat them right.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Hey, you can't be in here anymore, you sold you F7. :(

Just kidding man! You will be back. It is like a bad drug, you will want more and more.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I broke mine in very carefully. First 100 mi varied the throtle with pre-mix. Never went over 70mph, and that was at about the 90 mi mark. I now have 230 mi, no problems (knock on wood). This thing flat out flies!! Hope all of you with problems get them worked out so you can enjoy your sled. It is incredable!!
PS. I ALWAYS warm this sled up for 10 min or untill I feel heat on the tunnel.
GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I feel for you guys who have blown up more than once, I'd be absolutely freakin !! I wish I could give you some reliabilty secret for 3400 miles but I can't. I went down before ANY updates were out and other than warming the sled up good It's been run like a rental all season. Hang in there guys there's light at the end of the tunnel.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GOOD NEWS! it's fixed already.... great dealer!

apparently AC told him to have me run it in ETHANOL mode/on switch ... that will rich'n it up and it should be fine?

last week they said not to run it in Enthanol ???

I'm pretty sure from all the info and opinions that AC hasn't got a clue for this problem yet.

Feel bad for any or you NOT under warranty , or about to come off warranty... I'm good til next March!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have to agree with the break in period. Rode my F7 under 60 bringing it up to 75 for a short time (like the manaul said) so far knock on wood no problems. Going on a big ride this weekend I have confidence!! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by STEVEJR@Feb 17 2003, 10:10 AM
BREAK IT IN LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
ASK ANY SNOWMOBILE ENGINE REBUILDER , FACE TO FACE , AND THEY HAVE TOLD ME TO BREAK THESE NEW MOTORS IN JUST LIKE YOU WOULD TRAIL RIDE IT , GET ON AND GO!
Yes, ask a engine *RE*builder. Then after it blows up you can give it to him to fix. He should do it for free, right? Or will he be looking to make some money? Brake this sled in proper and hopefully your sled will last. 950 miles, broke in slowly and knock on wood no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts