Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be able to update our diplays with better back lighting and also on newer models. I don't ride to often late at night but it would be nice to see the display when I do. Thanks Vman
P.S. work on this one asap please.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree as well - I'm surprised by the very low output of light on the gauge. In fact it's so poor that it's not worth trying to figure anything out about speed/tachometer due to the unsafe position you put yourself in trying to strain to read the gauge!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree also, voltage so low the digital flickers at idle (headlight still bright)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by vman@Feb 5 2003, 08:22 PM
Would you be able to update our diplays with better back lighting and also on newer models. I don't ride to often late at night but it would be nice to see the display when I do. Thanks Vman
P.S. work on this one asap please.
I agree!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Originally posted by Kiafoulis@Feb 5 2003, 09:21 PM
I agree as well - I'm surprised by the very low output of light on the gauge.  In fact it's so poor that it's not worth trying to figure anything out about speed/tachometer due to the unsafe position you put yourself in trying to strain to read the gauge!!!!!
ditto

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my new SaberCat Great Job Arctic Cat. Keep up the new technologies I don't mind being a test pilot as long as you keep taking care of me when I do have a problem. It is great to ride the Best. I am glad that I am not the only one that has troble with the lighting back ground on the speedo. I kept looking for a way to turn it up. Have you addressed this issue and what can I do to improve it. Thanks Benny

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is unsafe...no doubt. I need to see these gauges to tune the sled. Most of the time it is in the dark, because I have to do this after work. This gauge is very sub standard in two aspects. The tach is rediculously delayed, even after the update, and the light is too dim. This shouldn't have been shipped with this being so obvious. I love everything else about the sled. All we are asking for is an update to fix these problems. thanks. Justin. <_<

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree. Very hard to read at night while riding. It takes too much concentration which equates to lack of riding awareness which equates to possible accident!!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I wonder if it is possible to open the speedometer open and perhaps just get a higher watt bulb and change it? I think I will take a look at it and I'll keep you informed on how it goes!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Whattya Mean , It HAS a LIGHT :blink: Mine doesnt seem to come on at all. I rode one night on a late day two weeks ago, and couldnt figure out how fast I was going. NICE :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Again, the guy who O.K.ed the tach/speedometer would have his position "Eliminated". Nice to see a improvement actually be a compromise. Sucks to have your buddies pick apart your sled. Good thing it's fast, that shuts them back up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
[/QUOTE] better yet put the traditional gauges back

Never retreat!!
I need glasses bad, but don't use them and I can see the digital speedo just find at night even going over 100 mph

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Originally posted by cajun86@Feb 10 2003, 08:53 PM
Never retreat!!
I need glasses bad, but don't use them and I can the digital speedo just find at night even going over 100 mph
All right cajun!!! Finally someone that can read gauges besides me!!! Mine has orange "backlighting" and "black" digital numbers which show up just fine. Night or day even at 115 mph!! Must be two good ones out there!!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
about my only complaint other than soft suspension and the icy tunnel is the display. practically worthless at night. if it was as bright as it should be you wouldnt have to stare right at it to tell. and as far as reading the trip i cant do it unless i am at a stop and feather the throttle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Is the trip odometer, odometer, and hour meter really that important when your on the throttle--not to me! I read those numbers when I get gas. Trees are more important to me when I'm flying down the trail at 70 or 80 mph.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Those things are not that important when riding. But the point is that Cat could have made the guage easer to see by brighting it up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts