Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 02 Polaris 600 Classic with M-10

I was experiencing darting problems during my first ride and proceded to adjust front shocks for more ski pressure. I didn't think there was too much difference, so I was thinking maybe there is too much ski pressure. The reason I believe there is too much ski pressure is when on pavement at a gas station or even in my garage, the track just spins and the sled needs alittle help to start it moving.

Can you have too much ski pressure, and what is the result of too much skis pressure ??

I am a big guy 6'3" 280 (yes shit can be piled that high) so I'm thinking I just have to back off ski pressure. I didn't really want to experiment with limiter strap. I didn't think get ski pressure was going to be hard to do.

Your take on this would be appreciated.

P.S. Hey Sammy, it's about frickin' time you got a sled ! !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the measurements on the skis front carbide bolt to front carbide bolt and of course the back ones on the skis and the skis are toed out approx 3/8"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IU found a good article on M-10 for those who are intereted.

http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/2002/m10/m10.php

Got this from the article:

A side note; too much front arm spring pressure and too long of a limiter setting can put excessive pressure on the front of the slide rails and two things may happen. One, accelerated hyfax wear can occur in marginal snow conditions and two, the sled can have its pressure points changed to the skis and front of the rails, thus effectively shortening the “wheelbase” of the sled which can produce darting and ill handling.

Maybe this is as simple as too ski pressure ???
Anyone else have to play around with this?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I would try to take some weight off your ski's. My Mach1 used to dart badly, I solved that problem with a set of precision ski's. I bought a new set off e-bay. The concave shape floats nice on powder and the dual wear bars are great on the trails.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
before you do any adjusting. check your toe in toe out alignment. it should be aprox 1/2 inch toe out. this is crucial to stop darting. do this first then drive it then if needed adjust the ski pressure. ski alignment is the no 1 cause of darting. bar non.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.