Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you been to Mayville you know about racing on dart field. As of now there will be know more racing on the airstrip. The landowner for YEARS has let anyone "see what there sleds got" on the airstrip after the last snow some riders went up there and did there thing and tore it up pretty bad! So as of now nobody is allowed to ride down it..

Here's another way it was put,
Almost no snow at all and some people just had to drag race on the runway at Dart Field. Now there are brown strips where the grass was torn up with little piles of dirt at the beginning of the runway. Now we have to clean up somebody's mess.
STAY ON THE TRAIL and STAY OFF THE RUNWAY.
The trail goes almost straight across the runway. Stay on it.
New signs are going up. No trespassing off the trail and on to the runway. Thank your "buddies" for the loss of this traditional pastime. :hmm:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well if you been to Mayville you know about racing on dart field. As of now there will be know more racing on the airstrip. The landowner for YEARS has let anyone "see what there sleds got" on the airstrip after the last snow some riders went up there and did there thing and tore it up pretty bad! So as of now nobody is allowed to ride down it..

Here's another way it was put,
Almost no snow at all and some people just had to drag race on the runway at Dart Field. Now there are brown strips where the grass was torn up with little piles of dirt at the beginning of the runway. Now we have to clean up somebody's mess.
STAY ON THE TRAIL and STAY OFF THE RUNWAY.
The trail goes almost straight across the runway. Stay on it.
New signs are going up. No trespassing off the trail and on to the runway. Thank your "buddies" for the loss of this traditional pastime. :hmm:[/b]
There are always idiots in every group!!! Just proves the point how many stupid people are out there in this world! Let's hope they don't vote in November!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Damnit! Us guys at snowmobilefanatics.com are going to have a ride down there in Feb. We are meeting by there and were going to line everyone up for the heck of it.

I would love to know the idiots who did it. We had something like that happen out here, we followed the tracks to his house and he had many people at his door step within hours.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
That sucks, I always looked forward to making a few runs (with snow on the ground) when on my way back to Mayville

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Never been on that strip before...Sucks to have "our" priviledge taken away. Wanted to check it out this winter on my new XF Nightfire. :cussing:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just go to the clubhouse in mayville, but have somebody watching the trail when your running.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just go to the clubhouse in mayville, but have somebody watching the trail when your running.[/b]
If we ever get Winter again the lake won't take long to freeze and all the racers can race there. The problem with Dart Airport is the trail runs accross the lower part of the runway and most trail riders aren't expecting a bunch of sleds going over 100 mph crossing their path. Without sleds racing there it will be much safer for everyone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If we ever get Winter again the lake won't take long to freeze and all the racers can race there. The problem with Dart Airport is the trail runs accross the lower part of the runway and most trail riders aren't expecting a bunch of sleds going over 100 mph crossing their path. Without sleds racing there it will be much safer for everyone.[/b]
This might be a good thing that it has been rerouted I've came across in the groomer and almost got smacked by inches, the lady must have been blind for the colors yellow and blue! She got her ass chewed by the people she was riding with! All you can do is raise the blade and hope for the best!

·
Registered
48 Posts
This might be a good thing that it has been rerouted I've came across in the groomer and almost got smacked by inches, the lady must have been blind for the colors yellow and blue! She got her ass chewed by the people she was riding with! All you can do is raise the blade and hope for the best![/b]

with the 55 mph speed limit law, i was nervous on the dart runway anyhow. Somebody is always out to ruin everyone elses fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts