Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put about 300 miles on my new F8 Sno Pro a couple of weekends ago in WI. Sunday when getting ready to leave we noticed a dark green fluid in the snow where my sled was parked. We were in a hurry to get the sleds loaded and get home so we didn't go thru my sled at the time, besides the fact that I was in denial that my brand new sled would have a leak. Got it home and parked it in the garage and sure enough a couple days later and there is a leak of green fluid. I am thinking it is anti-freeze but don't know for sure until I get there later today to take the panels and pod off to examine it.

I am wondering if any one else has had this problem with a leak and found anything out?

I will post again tomorrow with what i found.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Put about 300 miles on my new F8 Sno Pro a couple of weekends ago in WI. Sunday when getting ready to leave we noticed a dark green fluid in the snow where my sled was parked. We were in a hurry to get the sleds loaded and get home so we didn't go thru my sled at the time, besides the fact that I was in denial that my brand new sled would have a leak. Got it home and parked it in the garage and sure enough a couple days later and there is a leak of green fluid. I am thinking it is anti-freeze but don't know for sure until I get there later today to take the panels and pod off to examine it.

I am wondering if any one else has had this problem with a leak and found anything out?

I will post again tomorrow with what i found.[/b]
If you run your sled, and give it throttle it may spray out from where ever it is leaking from

·
Banned
2,072 Posts

I will post again tomorrow with what i found.[/b]
Probably the shock oil out of the floats. I believe that is green in color!

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
It should be easy to tell the difference between antifreeze and oil though, don't you think? Not trying to sound like a smartass, so please don't take it that way. If it's a dark green, it could be oil. Is the Cat synthetic oil green or green/blue? Maybe that's what you're seeing?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Before starting it again check your coolant level. One of the coolant lines could have a leak or be improperly clamped. Its possible, depending on the volume of fluid lost, that it was overfilled and vented the excess. In any case you need to know before running it again.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
If you run studs, check your heat exchangers for a whole wear a stud could have ripped out and punctured the exchanger. Its gotta be anti-freeze.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Cat Synthetic is blue, because my interceptor oil mixed with it and now it looks green.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
mabey from the over fill,,,??? mabey your dealer filled it full with coolent????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts