Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put the kit in my f7 and it doesn't seem as snappy off the line as the stock set up. should i have to gear it down? any suggestions, thanx

·
Registered
614 Posts
Did you remove one of the washers that are between the clutch sheeves? How much does your belt rise above the top of the secondary? It should be about at least 1/16" My sled RIPS with that clutch.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Start by taking out a thin washer first Thanks guys byoffcr

·
Registered
35 Posts
I felt the same way, like I might have lost a little bottom snap. My belt was riding flush with the top of my secondary after I put the DP kit in, I don't know if it was the kit or just a coincidence but I remove a thick shim and it got some snap back although it sits pretty high right now (1/8 or so above) I may put the thick one back in and take out a thin one and try it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Zig your secondaries are not all the same so on some u take out a thick one & on others a thin one u half to experiment what I try to do is get you as close as I can for overall rideing this not etched in stone that what works for one does not .works for all . Thats why thre are different weights , heluxes ,springs,gears to work with for rider weights & standard & sno pro sleds . Keep asking ?s & Ill try to help dial your sled for your personal rideing needs byoffcr

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Let me give you my info first. F7 standard, 1 inch track no mods, 330 miles on it

I weigh 210 and ride pretty hard, I have no studs now but plan to stud when I get the cash. I think I got 63.5 gram weights with a DP3 helix.

Like I said, I felt like I might have lost a little jump on the bottom. And my belt was riding flush in the secondary after installation. Is this normal and is it normal to need to remove a shim.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a completly stock F7 and my brother has the DP kit, gears, and a few other small things. He will holeshot my sled EVERY time by 3-4 sleds and grows to 6-7 by 1000'. Both are studded the same, with same suspension set up. Both sleds have the proper belt deflection-i.e. remove the proper washer from the center of your secondary. It does work! B)

·
Registered
35 Posts
What gears does he have?? I don't really need more top end. Just interested in 0-100 really. And which size washer did he remove. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Zig, 23-40 gears.

You want 1 1/2" of belt deflection. (push down on the top of the belt between the drive and driven clutches, should only drop 1 1/2", if you havent messed with your driven clutch yet, you will probably drop 2 1/2- 3")

As of yet, in REAL world running the set up is 6-7 lengths in 1000' in our side by side comparisons, with MOST of the advantage coming from 0-30 MPH. B)

·
Registered
54 Posts
We haven't really seen any big gains way up top with this combo, but its way faster getting there!
I have almost always won the races in which I holeshot my victims, and with that is what this combo gives you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After figuring the ratios that would be gearing to a numerically lower ratio (1.86 stock, 1.73 after change) which would give top end not low end quickness, so I am a little confused. Not that you are wrong but I just want to try to understand what is making it quicker (0-100) Usually if you want to drag race you would want a numerically higher ratio to help the launch. Thanks again for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts