Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the 13th death this year happen down the trail from us in Eustis Maine. This is a state record--although there are alot more sleds out there this year.

PLEASE SLOW DOWN AND STAY IN CONTROL!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened on the Rangely trail in Eustis. The guy came around the corner and fell off his sled. He hit one lone tree. He was awake and coherent and thought he had some broken ribs. He later died in the ambulance. The sled apeared to be a rental.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm going to Greenville tomorrow for a day ride with some friends. Hopefully with school vacation over, the trails won't be that bad.

From what I understand, the trails up there have been very busy with numerous closecalls and a few minor accidents.

I've thought long and hard about a way to help combat these people that drive too fast, but I don't have any solution other than to have a speed limit and sheriif's on sleds patrolling the trails. The buddy I'm going riding with is a sheriif and I'm sure that's a detail he would want, but does it need to come to this???

13 or 13+ deaths with 3-5 (maybe) weeks of riding left. That's crazy!!! Something needs to be done.

My wife, who doesn't ride and has no interest, can't believe there's no speed limit on snowmobiles considering how fast and how quickly they get to going fast. She thought it was like driving a car and the trails were posted and you could get a ticket for driving too fast.

Don't get me wong, I like speed like the next guy, but I reserve my speeding for fields and other places where I know I'm not going to hit somebody.

Let's all just slow down and have a safe trip.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
It's pretty sad guys. However, here in Wisconsin I'm pretty sure our record is over 30. Just think, if we could just get people to stop drinking and riding......

Cat S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts