Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Glenn Hall.
Are the days of adding a 2 Deegree key over? :dunno: I see D&D got great power without one. Just picked up a 2006 700 CrossFire & have a D&D Y pipe in hand & a SpeedWerks pipe & will be dynoing my sled next Saturday. Should I forget the key this time.
Thanks Mike

I will give a run down on my dyno numbers as I add the goodies when I done. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have never seen a sled not benefit at least a little with a 2 deg. key . I have found even a twin piper will take 15 or 20 thou and still provide good pipe center section temp . Keep us informed on your findings . Thanks - Dave

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Pretty sure you will still gain, with more timing.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may add a 2* if needed. I will use a fuel restrictor too if needed also to see if it improves the WOT for short & long runs. I am not sure what Cat changed on the 06 box because it seem much improved from past years settings as D&D showed on there dyno sheet. That the fun of testing with a dyno.
Thanks Mike

PS : I will be a Martin on Sunday & I will look you up in the pits.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I think stock power is about the same as last year (better than 03 or 04, though). They say the 06 box has improved drivability over the 05. I'm sure you'll see good gains restricting the fuel, as well. Not gonna make it to Martin, this weekend. Busy trying to get prostock ready for Seneca Falls race next weekend.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What degree key is a .015 offset is it 2* more or less???

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A 2* key is .015 off set. I found that every degree is aprox .007 when I degree a crank. :div20:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by hallnracing@Oct 7 2005, 01:35 PM
I think stock power is about the same as last year (better than 03 or 04, though). They say the 06 box has improved drivability over the 05. I'm sure you'll see good gains restricting the fuel, as well. Not gonna make it to Martin, this weekend. Busy trying to get prostock ready for Seneca Falls race next weekend.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914811
[/quote]

Glenn I will see you there!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The plan was to dyno it this past weekend but was unable to do so. We are shooting for this weekend if all go's well.
I will run my -XFire 7 stock first
than add a 2* key
SpeedWerks Pipe
D&D Y pipe
SpeedWerks pipe & D&D Y pipe
Than fuel mod

I will also run my fresh F-8 topend I made on my 05 F-6 with three different pipes & Y pipe & Boondocker box.
Had both on my test field this weekend to get some time on both motors.
The XFire is no slouch out of the box I do say.
I will post I'm hoping next week.
Mike :stirthepot:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by mdw800@Oct 17 2005, 10:34 PM
The plan was to dyno it this past weekend but was unable to do so. We are shooting for this weekend if all go's well.
I will run my -XFire 7 stock first
than add a 2* key
SpeedWerks Pipe
D&D Y pipe
SpeedWerks pipe & D&D Y pipe
Than fuel mod

I will also run my fresh F-8 topend I made on my 05 F-6 with three different pipes & Y pipe & Boondocker box.
Had both on my test field this weekend to get some time on both motors.
The XFire is no slouch out of the box I do say.
I will post I'm hoping next week.
Mike :stirthepot:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936557
[/quote]

Thanks, keep us posted... The key w/ a speedwerx pipe and y-pipe will be a popular combo this winter, so it will be interesting to see the dyno sheet on it... :div20:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I thought a D&D monster single was going to be the 'hot ticket' this winter. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Originally posted by hate2looz@Oct 18 2005, 07:23 AM
I thought a D&D monster single was going to be the 'hot ticket' this winter. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937095
[/quote]

there can be more than 1 "hot ticket" :)

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts