Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone did any testing with the D & D Y-pipe to verify that it actually works? I've had their single pipe in the past and it actually slowed the sled down on clocks, in the grass and actual side by side racing with another sled in the grass and hardpack snow.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I know a couple of guys have tried it on the tar, with good results. Maybe they will post. I have tested it on the track dyno, with good results. I don't know of anyone who has tried it with anything other than the stock pipe, or D&D monster single.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I tested on asphalt .......easy bolt on 3-4 hp . 1/2 tenth and 1 mph in 660 ft .No cluthing changes either . :div20:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Aug 29 2005, 08:20 PM
I tested on asphalt .......easy bolt on 3-4 hp . 1/2 tenth and 1 mph in 660 ft .No cluthing changes either .  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852432
[/quote]

Thanks Dave I wonder if you put it on with a after market pipe if you would need to change fuel mapping to not loose any low end.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i have D&D y pipe and speedwerx pipe and MBRP can. haven't ran yet but sounds quiter with this combo than with stock y pipe and pipe with mbrp can.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by F7SNOPRO01@Aug 29 2005, 09:14 PM
i have D&D y pipe and speedwerx pipe and MBRP can. haven't ran yet but sounds quiter with this combo than with stock y pipe and pipe with mbrp can.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852529
[/quote]

I have seen on here that the mbrp cans loose hp. :dunno: but sound real nice :banana:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
even if the MBRP can does lose alittle power, you would never tell! the weight savings TOTALLY makes up the difference....

And F7SNOPRO, thats the EXACT setup i'm plannin on using. Great minds think alike... Its like a crossbreed exhaust.... D&D into SPEEDWERX into MBRP...:lol2: works for me!!!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
oh yes... i forgot.... does the pipe seem to be mounted well enough without the bracket and ball that the stock y-pipe has on it???

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
wish i had a digital video camera it sounds sweet, more of a tuned sound. when it was stock pipes and mbrp can it was LOUD. now it just sounds sweet :div20:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I heard rumor someone had one at dynotech recently, with good results. Anyone know of this? I just checked, and its not posted on his website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts