Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm istalling D&D's Y pipe and bracket. Where does the bracket exactly go ? and the spring and washer. The directions i got were just a picture of the bracket
no explination of where it mounts and where the spring and clip goes. THanks GUYs :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
See picture...Part 30 has the bracket installed on it.

Mike

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see it in the picture but where on the pipe is it supposed 2 contact. THe pipe doesn't seem to rest square on the bracket and it doesn't sit square bolth of the exhaust donuts.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i put my pipe on and then slid the bracket towards pipe untill it made contact marked it, drilled it and riveted on. It doesn't fit flush with the angle of the the rubber bracket. Atleast mine doesnt

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The fit and finish is the same as the rest of the sled.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bolted on the pipe bracket the best as i could get it. The pipe fits square in the y pipe donut but it is cocked in the can. Is this normal ? I would need to raise the pipe up about an inch to get it fully square in the can ! Does everybody else have the same problem or is it fine ?
:frech32:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Originally posted by jstokes8407@Oct 10 2005, 07:03 PM
I bolted on the pipe bracket the best as i could get it.  The pipe fits square in the y pipe donut but it is cocked in the can.  Is this normal ?  I would need to raise the pipe up about an inch to get it fully square in the can ! Does everybody else have the same problem or is it fine ?
  :frech32:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920775
[/quote]
Same problem here... and I've been asking the same question. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
o50-06 pipes are made to fit these brackets flush. there is a indent in the heat shield. 03-04 pipes do not rest correctly on this bracket. :augen41:

·
Registered
411 Posts
why not just cut the cup bracket off the stock y-pipe and weld it to the d&d y pipe? i know people that have and it works just fine.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by bad brad@Oct 31 2005, 08:50 PM
why not just cut the cup bracket off the stock y-pipe and weld it to the d&d y pipe? i know people that have and it works just fine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=970559
[/quote]
You can do that, if you like. We have found the 05 bracket to work just fine. The "superball" on the y-pipe tends to transfer more engine vibrations to the pipe. Supporting the pipe on the frame will help reduce cracking issues.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What about clearance? In order to try and get the inlet and outlet of the pipe to site a bit more square, we need to raise the pipe. Does this pose a a clearance issue w/ the guage cluster? If so, we don't have much room to go down either as there is very little clearance between the pipe and the exhaust valves...

Can someone send or post some good pics of the flanges and clearance between the pipe and the exhaust valves? Specifically on an 03 or 04.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts