Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
From what i've read you get about 1-2 hp on a stock f7, worth $90 :dunno: If you have other mods & are running an aftermarket pipe you'd probably get a couple more hp from it, if you have mods done I'd try it. Cant hurt.

·
Registered
899 Posts
from what i have heard it is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
very nice product,seen some nice dyno reports on them,convinced me to buy one. :div20:

·
Registered
899 Posts
i also have the bikeman pipe mod.cant wait for winter

·
Registered
899 Posts
:div20:

·
Banned
995 Posts
:banghead: i had to clean up the weld inside the pipe and the flange to pipe connection was off with a step (offset). they need to have somebody better making this y-pipe. quality needs to step up. looks like poor flow inside the y-pipe to me.........HAWK!!!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
there is a new batch of them now, they are using a different flange and the fit and finish seems to be better. They would send you a new one no problem if you contacted them.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If that last quote is true I'll take another look at the Y in NOVI, MI to see if its a better built one than the one I already have.

Hey HAWK I see you joined HCS just a day before me!
This site ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Originally posted by Hawk@Oct 16 2005, 11:52 AM
:banghead: i had to clean up the weld inside the pipe and the flange to pipe connection was off with a step (offset). they need to have somebody better making this y-pipe. quality needs to step up. looks like poor flow inside the y-pipe to me.........HAWK!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=933012
[/quote]
Mine had none of these problems .....looks really sweet coated with the monster single(good job Rnnie at Hi-Tech Mechanical).......not sure if you
guy`s that are stock are gona show much more gain or not...after comparing
the stock to it ..looks like it will show more gain on a ported motor....guess I will
find out when we go to the dyno in a few weeks.....
Cape Breton Stock...................... :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat F7 Nut@Oct 15 2005, 04:19 PM
from what i have heard it is the best bang for the buck.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931778
[/quote]
1-1.5 HP for $100? Doesn't seem like the best 'bang for the buck' to me. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Originally posted by hate2looz@Oct 17 2005, 08:09 AM
1-1.5 HP for $100? Doesn't seem like the best 'bang for the buck' to me. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=934670
[/quote]

It may only make a couple of hp, but it broadened the touque and hp nicely. Air-flow was up too. I think the bigger bore's will gain a little more from it. IMO.
i think they are 90$ :div20:

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
When we ran at dynotech last week it picked up about 2.5 on a stock pipe and 1.5 to 2 hp when added on top of our pipe mod which already picked up 5 hp. So they work well as a combo too. The new flange plate is alot nicer than the first ones.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
i must of had an early one i only had one small weld to grind down before i had it coated, as far as the 90 bucks i needed a new y pipe anyways since the original was cracked.

·
Registered
284 Posts
do u have to send them your old y pipe and they mod.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Originally posted by f6swede@Oct 17 2005, 04:53 PM
will my f6 with bigflowintake and boyesenreeds notice any difference?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935563
[/quote]

i was told they are still testing the f6, friend of mine bought one from d&d and said it should work fine. he contacted them regarding installing it, they advised him to wait because they are still testing :dunno:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I ran the D&D y pipe this summer on the asphalt and in the 1/4 it was worth a tenth and 2 mph. So I would say it is definetly worth the 90$

1 - 20 of 21 Posts