Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just install delta3,timing key 3 deg,bulleyex6,cluthc kit 63gr big dog,helix dda or 56/52
gear 23-40 104 stud 1 1/2.pull verry good shift verry fast but from start,it hesitate for 1/2 sec
and than go and hang on baby. Any idea about the 1/2 sec hesitation at start?
Thank you.
F-7 SNO PRO
Canadian

p.s sea level on sea with 4 in of hard pack snow.
temp - 20 c

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Jan 5 2003, 06:39 AM
A few things, Check belt deflection, I would check Plug colour and piston wash to determine if it's jetting, Jetting chart after new 3deg timing keys will change, lean or rich not sure but I think they lean out a bit on stock jets with advanced keys, This might mean your primer (Air, Fuel) jets will nead adjustment as well. I was told I might loose a bit of bottom end with the 2 degree but have not tried it as my shocks are getting redone. Good luck, try giving Doug a call at Don's Speed Parts, They distribute D&D in Canada 1 800 431 CATS
If it's a F7, it's not the jetting causing the problem, it's the timing key. Put the timing back to stock and I guarantee the problem will go away.

·
Registered
720 Posts
A few things, Check belt deflection, I would check Plug colour and piston wash to determine if it's jetting, Jetting chart after new 3deg timing keys will change, lean or rich not sure but I think they lean out a bit on stock jets with advanced keys, This might mean your primer (Air, Fuel) jets will nead adjustment as well. I was told I might loose a bit of bottom end with the 2 degree but have not tried it as my shocks are getting redone. Good luck, try giving Doug a call at Don's Speed Parts, They distribute D&D in Canada 1 800 431 CATS
What Jets? It's an EFI.

·
Registered
86 Posts
if it is a f5 it will never pull 63 gram weights or 23-40 gears even a f5-720 won't pull that. It may be a low end lean spot causing the hesitation no way to fix it on a efi. Start taking parts off and adding back on till you find the problem. Did your sled do this stock?

·
Registered
221 Posts
A friend of mine installed 6 bullseyes and it caused a lean bog down low. He caps 2-3 to get rid of the problem. Maybe the sled isn't all that rich after all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Get the Timing Key out of the F7...It WILL cause problems down the road. Saw two F7s come into the Dealer with ONLY a timing key in them with seized engines.

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry You guys are right it's an EFI. DaHHHH :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My rpm is 7900,my clutch kit is verry good until i try my body with same machine,i was in front
of him for only 200 ft and behind until 1000 ft,install stock clutch kit ,back to live.any body
have a better clutch kit than D&D?
Thank You for reply.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts