Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some set up help. Have an opportunity to try one. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Its used so I don't have any instructions with hit.
Which wire is the ethonal wire? Is it the brown one coming out of the air box? I am
assuming this gets un-plugged. Waiting for feedback from D&D but that could be awhile.

Anyone running the pipe and can on an efi? I read somewhere not to run both.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
cdn-
Still searching for a setup a little better than stock eh? Me too. The ethanol wire will be right in front of the ECU. It should almost be hanging out in the open. The wires are a gray-brown color and the connector is wrapped in a blue-green weather-tite seal. I'd go for it if you get a chance to try it. Just check you plugs a few times, in fact, if it's above about 15 degrees (F) I'd leave the wire plugged in and try it. They say the wire is = to about 2 main jet sizes richer when it's unplugged... Good luck- let me know how you come out.

chico :mellow:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ran the D&D single pipe on a carb version last year and it rocked. I heard you can run the pipe or can but not both. I have a D&D single pipe and clutch kit. If you are interested email me or just reply to this post.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback on the wire. I talked to my local D&D guy yesterday and he said he did a lot of testing with the wire plugged in with both the pipe and can and it ran great. 3 mile run wide open, no problem. If I can find enough snow, I'll let you know what I think.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have a d&d pipe on my 2002 800efi. took it out to rabbitt ears pass, 9000 ft. altitude, no trouble. last couple of weekends in mich. -10F at night, no problems. had thier clutch kit in the sled early, for grass drags, almost a 10th quicker in 500 ft. prefer the stock clutch kit for trail riding. the pipe might be a couple miles per hour faster on top end. it seems to rev slightly faster than the stock pipe, and it sounds a little more racy. the plugs look leaner. no trouble with fouling at all. still have the same plugs in that i used in the fall. the entire season, i have had the ethanol wire plugged in, and have used the stock muffle box. went back and tried stock pipe last week, for a day. ended up putting d&d pipe back on. it's not a world beater, but i like it better than the stock pipe. hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with what filipisj said. Love the pipe. I also have the can on too on my efi. The whole system sounds great and performs well too on the efi. I have also heard that the D&D kit is good for drag racing but not all around riding. I have a little more weight and spring in the primary than stock and the sled pulls great. I have been running mine with the ethonal wire plugged in as well. If it gets colder I'll take a look at the plugs again but so far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts