Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ready to install d&d shift assist into 05 zr900 have discovered that white plastic spacer is wider on one end than the other . one end of spacer goes completly inside steel washer on shift assist but if you flip plastic spacer over the other end is larger and does not go inside shift assist but just barely catches the edge of the washer. what is correct way to reinstall plastic spacer . the original black plastic washer had the spacer sitting on top of it. also in my shift assist kit both of the steel washers are exactly the same thickness .039" . but the directions that come with kit it says to install the thick washer first .any input from others that have installed the shift assist already would be appreciated

·
Registered
246 Posts
ready to install d&d shift assist into 05 zr900 have discovered that white plastic spacer is wider on one end than the other . one end of spacer goes completly inside steel washer on shift assist but if you flip plastic spacer over the other end is larger and does not go inside shift assist but just barely catches the edge of the washer. what is correct way to reinstall plastic spacer . the original black plastic washer had the spacer sitting on top of it. also in my shift assist kit both of the steel washers are exactly the same thickness .039" . but the directions that come with kit it says to install the thick washer first .any input from others that have installed the shift assist already would be appreciated[/b]

I noticed the same in regards to the thickness of the washers. Personally I don't think it really matters. I installed the white spacer inside the shift assist bearing that way it will hold the beaing in alignment. It went together really nicely and installed a Fett Brothers belt offset adjuster instead of the plastic one with the washers and o-ring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.