Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to d&d had them put in cluth kit, pipe, V-force reeds, bulles eyes in breather box, 170 studs and change spring on front schock in skid frame to give more tracktion and better ride through trails. I have F-7 standard with 0ne inch track. Sled ride great in trail, put on about 7 sleds maybe more in 700 feet. I have been using D&D set up for years they are the best, why do you think cat racer use them so much? I'm lucky I'm only 5 hours away I and I get them to install the stuff their not only nice guys but they know their bussiness well. If yopu want Fast and reliable call dan or dale teel what you have, what you want to accomplish. At this point listen and do what they say your friends will be looking at your flap like mine do.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I am staying stock this year, but next year I am going to do some work, and I am only 45 mins to an hour from D & D. how is there clutch kit on the trails does it have good back shift as well as a hard pull for racing?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was great in the trails too. My buddy accused me of pushing it through the trails because I was so far ahead of him all day. I was just having fun and the sled did all things right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the clutch kit was $198.00. not sure? look on their web site its their. All the work mentioned above was close to $2,000.00. I have the money not the time or talent.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Wonder why Tucker switched to Speed Werx ?

S

·
0 Posts
one word Titainium!
second word Wieght!
third word Money!
Tucker's got the bucks man!
$2000 Canadain just for the springs
$400 Canadain for the clutching
$900 pipe & Can
7% Gst =
$3531

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I have see with my eyes some of there stuff on a track dyno! Lets just say they fell very short! Less HP than stock. I know track dyno does not show everything. But i would like to see no HP lost.
Skydog

·
Registered
527 Posts
where on d&d site is the stuff for the firecat? I called them and they are out of catalogs and will not be making anymore. I plan on getting the pipe and canister.

·
Registered
986 Posts
When u get it let us know about the gains u dont get Only weight savings Tried it , sounds good but no performance change u can notice

·
Registered
614 Posts
I can't say anything bad about D&D. I live just a few hours away. Anyways my friend took his ZRT 800 there. They put a big bore in it. What an animal, thats all I can say. I also have an other friend with a 900 kit on a ZRT 600 , and that will run fast to. No touching him with my F7.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know you guys try alot of things but I don't have the time or talent to do my own work so I go to the professionals. My best friend some times dose his own but every time he dose it dosen't work right, it braeks, and he blames the shop that worked on his sled. When we race him we all hope he did some work himself recently then we know we will mostn like take him. My sleds have always been the ones to beat amoung our group of guys and the competitions gets pretty tough. Do you think maybe its because I know my limitations and I have a professional shop that has a winning reputation that is well earned do their job, a lot of times its not the parts that matters its also the installation. When you combine the two, I kind you end up at the finsh line first. GIVE ME D&D AND I"LL BEAT YOU EVERY TIME. just my learned opinion

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just one more thing about why I use D&D. The 95% of the time I'm not racing my sled im trail riding it, therefore, its got to be dependable for a lot longer then a 1/4 mile or a couple of laps around a track. This concern makes a big difference in set up. But I personally feel that being able to beat 98 out of 100 sleds I race is worth it. P.S. I do have a couple of trophies sitting in my office thanks to d&d.

·
Registered
153 Posts
does anyone know if speedwerx or d & d make aftermarket products for the F5?..ive looked in both sites...cant find anything

1 - 20 of 23 Posts