Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much are they and will they blow this thing up and run to lean ?? any input would be great , thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
After putting them on I took them off Could not tell a power increase weight is the only savings I see About $550 with tax & shipping Dont know if it will burn down or not

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with byoffcr, no measureable increase in power. I did leave them on for the weight savings though. Feels stronger by the seat of the pants because the power to weight is improved. If you want to knock of big chunks of weight the pipe and a Boss seat are the way to go. I put Ti springs on my front shocks and only saved 2.5 lbs. Pipe saved 13.5 lbs, Boss seat 9 lbs dry and ?????? with a wet foam.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you expect to see a big diference when you change pipes you must adjust clucthing also look under what I wrote under d&d set up it may help explaine it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Are you guys that installed the D&D pipe running 92 octane fuel. I want to get the pipe but i live on a Farm and get gas here not in town, and our gas in about 86 octane will that effect it at all.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
Yes you have to run minimum 92 octane, you have to do this because the design of the new pipe lowers the BSFC.
Flash and Flare

·
Registered
70 Posts
If its the pipes I'm thinking of there is ads in the sleddin mags that say they are intended to run at the same rpm's as stock but reduce weight.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes running 92 oct. & yes changed weights & D&D said about 7700rpm Better stock

·
Registered
283 Posts
byoffcer...don't you have access to a dyno? Why didn't you use that to measure the difference instead of seat of the pants? I'm just going off of other posts that you have had about dynoing the F7.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes I do but if I cant feel it I wont waste my time to see hp gain It might have 5-6 hp but not worth it $525.00 Now when I put on vf3 reeds & air box mods I could feel throddle responce & did dyno & found about 6 hp but I could tell it by feel Also I have 2 F7s set up the same are close to exactly equal so when pipeing easy to run against each other and see gains if any same with any thing else I try hope this helps byoffcr

·
Registered
986 Posts
Also every one knows that a dyno is only a starting place & then comes the real work field testing like pulling wheels , looseing track, lubs,ect for drag raceing No more HP but u can feel its running more free by seat of your pants maybe a poor example but what the hell I tried

1 - 11 of 11 Posts