Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the D+D light pipe and quiet can on, sounds great. I'm going to run it tommorrow and will post results.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't buy it for HP gains, picked up for the 12 lb loss and a deeper sound. Plus I work in a shop with an excellent relationship with D+D so the money wasn't all that bad. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
If I may ask, what is this kit costing you guys? What is the cost for just the can? Will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by Davey_Boy@Jan 10 2003, 03:42 PM
wasnt it a 6hp gain
Thats 6 dyno hp=3 real world HP.........If you got a good price on the pipe I would have bought one tpo. The wieght savings are impressive :D :D But your warranty is over if Cat finds out

S

·
0 Posts
Had the D&D pipe, can, Chip, Clutch combo on my ZR 600 efi, Man was it Trick! never had a problem just my arms hurt all the time> Go figure?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not worried about warranty. I've got the circle ecu which is the richest of the three. Plugs are always black and oily. Just got to remember to run 92 octane gas MINIMUM. Will run race gas blend 99% of the time anyway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No pics yet, but I did ride with the setup today. The power is meatier in the mid range from the seat of the pants and the nose did feel lighter. I was very happy to pull my plugs and find a chocolate colored insulator. Remember that I have the circle ECU though, which is the richest of the three. So I would not recommend this mod for everyone. I still have some clutching to do to be where I want to, but overall I was impressed. Full pop on the parts was $299 pipe and $199 can, a little steep but worth the weight savings in my opinion (as previously mentioned I work in a shop so I did pay a little less). The only other way to knock off a big chunk of weight is a Boss seat for roughly the same price overall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts