Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 F7 SP Carb and I was thinking of getting the D&D Monster pipe and Y pipe but want to know what it will run like aganist other F-7s. I dont want to waste money if it is not going to make it any faster. I was at a snow show in Hasings MI and the guy from D&D said it would make it beat the zr 900 is this true or is he just trying to sell a pipe. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I always walk our ZR 900..idk thats just my sled though..

From what i've herd the Monster single flows alot, maybe to much for a stock bore, maybe one of the D&D guys will chime in here.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
i'm with soldd here, the way i understand it the monster actually flows to good for stock motor. I'm interested in this setup as well...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Shouldn't be too tough to beat a stock zr9, pipe or not. This pipe has not been tested on carb stock bore f7s at all, yet. The efi sled I tested last spring, was much faster than stock. Usually, a mod will show similar results on a carb sled, if jetted properly, but we have no data on that, yet.

·
Registered
841 Posts
An F7 will give the ZR9 a good run with the stock pipe.. You should check out Dynotec research because there is stuff about the carbed F7's on there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by hallnracing@Oct 10 2005, 09:23 PM
Shouldn't be too tough to beat a stock zr9, pipe or not. This pipe has not been tested on carb stock bore f7s at all, yet. The efi sled I tested last spring, was much faster than stock. Usually, a mod will show similar results on a carb sled, if jetted properly, but we have no data on that, yet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921278
[/quote]

If I get this mod what kind of clutching will I need to do. One dealer said not to touch the clutch it will not help the sled. And the other dealer told me that with this pipe mod the sled will not make much more power if I do not do the clutch work.
Please help I want this sled to Rip.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Oct 11 2005, 09:33 AM
My clutched M6 141 would kill my buddys 02 ZR900.....easy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921940
[/quote]
Have to call :BSmeter: out on you Donno. Cat didn't even make a ZR900 in 2002.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
there was 2002.5 early release that was mid season and that turned out to be a dog....

I had a good running f7 with a few mods and it worked really well but a strong running 900 will be catching you very fast after 700-800 ft well at least the 03 900 will...

I said it before :homework: because there is always someone faster...

Because where I come from if the hood closes its stock :div20:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Well if there was an early build it would be listed on Brown's and it's not. Not under 2002 or early build 2003. There is an early build 900 MC listed though.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
there is one they had deifferent gearing in them the 03 year plus I think a couple of other things were different if I remember right dealer had one here...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
no such thing as a 200- and half anything.... the ZR 900 was an early release 03...

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by HOUGH@Oct 11 2005, 06:05 PM
no such thing as a 200- and half anything....  the ZR 900 was an early release 03...

:fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922900
[/quote]
which power bands did they run on those the old style or the new . wondering about the drive belt grease also ?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Originally posted by FaSTBoY@Oct 11 2005, 05:50 PM
there was 2002.5 early release that was mid season and that turned out to be a dog....

I had a good running f7 with a few mods and it worked really well  but a strong running 900 will be catching you very fast after 700-800 ft well at least the 03 900 will...

I said it before  :homework:  because there is always someone faster...

Because where I come from if the hood closes its stock :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922866
[/quote]
That`s the story were sticking to.03 ..900`s packing 1010`s ??? Fastboy your up to something , I can tell......cheaters.....Do what I did spill your guts ,come clean with
these guy`s to as what`s hiding in the darkness of Coxheath...a new project maybe?
Changing of the guard ? Remeber what ever your building my Decals are Stock!!
Cape Breton Stock....................... :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Originally posted by caper711cc@Oct 11 2005, 09:08 PM
That`s the story  were sticking to.03 ..900`s packing 1010`s ??? Fastboy your up to something , I  can tell......cheaters.....Do what I did  spill your guts ,come clean with
these guy`s to as what`s hiding in the darkness of Coxheath...a new project maybe?
Changing of the guard ? Remeber  what ever your building  my Decals are Stock!!
Cape Breton Stock....................... :fluffy:  :fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923023
[/quote]

LOL my decals are stock to...But under Cape Breton Stock rules I can't reveal any more info at this time but my Purolator driver will be my new best friend this week :frech11:

Remember if the hood Closes its Stock.... :eek:oh4:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:frech11: :frech11: :frech11: I can see it now ...more call`s to D.D...with my visa number......when is gona stop..... when are you grow up...like me.....
Cape breton Stock............... :fluffy: :fluffy: :frech32: :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
seems to be an overload of fluffies in this thread... :cn:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts