Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new lite pipe, i noticed these things wrong with the fit. For a 2005 F7

1. The pipe hits the hood (the hood doesn't even close)
2. The pipe pushes the stock muffler into the bellypan
3. The seal between the muffler and pipe doesn't fit

Anyone else notice these things? And i also noticed a welded riser on the underside of the pipe that goes ontop the support of the frame, (does this mean i have the old or newer lite pipe). Thanks a lot if you can help me out.

·
Banned
995 Posts
are you sure you have a"light pipe" and not a "monster single" from D AND D? i have a monster single and the hood insulation touchs the pipe some. had to hammer down the pipe so it wouldn,t touch. then had it jet-hot coated. light pipe was made in 03. have since come out with the monster single for the 05 and 06,s...HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAWK, Does this look like your monster pipe. D&D made the lite pipe in 2003 and then changed the design for 2005-2006, at this time they also developed the monster pipe. So i might believe that they sent me the monster pipe rather then the updated lite pipe. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS giddy, I just don't understand why the monster pipe does not fit under the hood and it push's the silencer into the bellypan? Has anyone had these problems with the lite pipe? Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have a liet pipe on my 03, it fits good. also has the bracket on underside that the rubber ball fits into and A hook for the spring. overall mine is a good fit.. cant really tell if its any faster but it looks cool!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I'd listen to Giddyupalice.....bet you have the monster and not the light......I'd call D&D and get them swapped out....monster pipe won't work as well as the light pipe if you're mostly stock either

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAWK, What do you mean by new driven? Can't i just go down in weight, i am currently using Billy Howard clutching with big dog weights. I am also concerned about the pipe pushing my muffler into the bellypan (as it is now) and the height touching the hood. Thanks for all th help.

P.S
HAWK are you using a boondocker with your pipe? Have you noticed any low end power loss? Thanks again

·
Banned
995 Posts
F7-SPEED! HERES,S WHAT I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!05 f-7 sno-pro carb with D AND D y-pipe, monster single,v-forve reeds, d and d clutch kit(65 big dogs ground down to 63 grams, d and d orange spring(170-310), d and d,s tan rear spring and their helix(44-42-40). dale recommends i use a black front spring(190-330) to get the rpms from 7700 to 8200. havent tried that yet cause i want to raise the rpms by running lighter weights(63 grams) instead of running the black spring(190-330). i see the black will give me higher engagement and i don,e want that. don,t want track spinning out of the whole.i also have the D AND D can and everything fits together............my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Banned
995 Posts
F7-SPEED! HERES,S WHAT I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!05 f-7 sno-pro carb with D AND D y-pipe, monster single,v-forve reeds, d and d clutch kit(65 big dogs ground down to 63 grams, d and d orange spring(170-310), d and d,s tan rear spring and their helix(44-42-40). dale recommends i use a black front spring(190-330) to get the rpms from 7700 to 8200. havent tried that yet cause i want to raise the rpms by running lighter weights(63 grams) instead of running the black spring(190-330). i see the black will give me higher engagement and i don,e want that. don,t want track spinning out of the whole.i also have the D AND D can and everything fits together............my e-mail is [email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts