Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post a couple of pics of the D&D clutch mod for the 05 DD guys that stuggled on topend last year . This mod made my sled true competitor in the snow and on the race track .

Although I have limited experience with this .......the longer , sticker belt provides more grip and increased efficiency throughout the entire shift ratio .

Notice the belt rides higher in the secondary allowing you to take advantage of a lower start ratio . Also notice the the roller in reference to the to the helix ramp is now riding higher because of the clutch being machined ...this keeps you at a steeper start angle for a longer period of time. Not much but there is a difference .

The belt now rides to the top of the primary and as the contact patch decreases is the secondary the softer compound belt provides better grip for increased top end efficiency. It works!

The D&D clutch mod is $110 and includes the belt .

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by MzabF7@Sep 10 2005, 11:17 AM
If you use that belt with the 06 10.4" secondary then would you have to use the larger 05 Primary??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868565
[/quote]
I ran this mod vs the 06 sec. and saw no difference . I used the 05 primary both times . The black marks you see occur on decelleration .This is due to the fact that the clutching goes ahead of the motor per say for a split second.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by DonoBBD@Sep 10 2005, 11:26 AM
Dave are you wiping the secondary clean all the way down?  Is there room to pull deeper into the over drive? 

If so D&D can do the same mod to your primary and use up that .25 that is not being used.

I am telling you I am pulling a 36* helix on my 600 and my primary looks just like yours.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868575
[/quote]
I can't see why that wouldn't work . You might have to cut the white spacer also . Right ? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 10 2005, 09:28 AM
This y-pipe single combo has been incredible .It has the grunt you have come to expect from a single with the killer topend charge of a twin setup .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868630
[/quote]
so thats a light weight D&D pipe or is it the monster pipe?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 10 2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah! Kinda like the confusion  fusion ........we all know what a rocket sled that was .  :dance2:  :wut60:  :smilielol:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868643
[/quote]

Never said the Fusion was fast. Running Polaris products in Artic Cats is just like Running Chevy motors in a Ford coupe it just makes it better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.