Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone set one of these big bore kits on their sled (00 ZL5)? Do they make for reliable performance? Clutching, carbs, cost, performance, pros, cons?

Thanks!
15 minutes till the trails open :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are they "street" legal in VT, Canada, ME, NH?

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
have done the 700 and 720 from d and d they run strong and reliable if set up right. Get the pistons and pipes coated add power breather, stock carbs, 3 degree timing key there clutch kit and go hunting.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go hunting? Didn't realize you could leave carbs stock. Do things get rough at slow speed? Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hunting for other sleds. I didn't say no jetting changes just stock bore carbs as you know each sled is different and jetting and fuel settings will be determined by your location temp etc. I always ran the stock 38 carbs with 370-390 mains depending where I was.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. If you had to do it all over again would you do it or buy bigger?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm doing a 720 on a f5 this year I love these motors. I had a efi in 98 hated it so i have no choice. AC's efi system is stone age tech compared to your car or anything else efi. I have heard the calibration is much better now but i won't do efi again until there is some adjustability if ac claims 140hp and it runs like 128hp you have no way to tune. f7 carb I'm in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts