Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one in today the flange that the donut sits on was about 1/4 inch off square dont know whats up with that.Sent it back hope the new one is better.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The Y-pipe to be fitted the rite way.. as stated in the A/C shop manuel is to install with the cylinders loose.. tighten Y-pipe first then cylinders.. this way the cylinders square off to the y-pipe.. then tighten cylinders down to the case..

But Im thinking this.. if you loosen the cylinders to install the Y-pipe your going to ruin the gaskets and it will leak.. so whats rite or wrong ?? hahahaha

The first only applies to a eng. assy. point of view..

But its what I found.. :div20:

Steve

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by DustyF7@Oct 5 2005, 09:40 PM
The Y-pipe to be fitted the rite way.. as stated in the A/C shop manuel is to install with the cylinders loose.. tighten Y-pipe first then cylinders..  this way the cylinders square off to the y-pipe.. then tighten cylinders down to the case..

But Im thinking this..  if you loosen the cylinders to install the Y-pipe your going to ruin the gaskets and it will leak.. so whats rite or wrong ?? hahahaha

The first only applies to a eng. assy. point of view..
      But its what I found.. :div20:

Steve
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=911442
[/quote]
I'm thinking that came from the engine re-build section by the wording. IMO,never, ever loosen cyls to install new y-pipe. If your y-pipe was that far off, perhaps you should call the place that sold it to you ,and ask for another to be sent. If your left with what you have, try to have an engine guy in your area hand grind to match, major engine components do not get tuned to what is actually an accesssory item. Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
But Im thinking this.. if you loosen the cylinders to install the Y-pipe your going to ruin the gaskets and it will leak.. so whats rite or wrong ?? hahahaha

The first only applies to a eng. assy. point of view.. :div20:

What I had mentioned... I agree if there that far off.. some thing is wrong with the part.. anyone ask D&D yet about this.. Im intrested was thinking about ordering one too..

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by DustyF7@Oct 6 2005, 05:15 PM

The first only applies to a eng. assy. point of view..  :div20:
What I had mentioned...    I agree if there that far off.. some thing is wrong with the part..  anyone ask D&D yet about this..  Im intrested was thinking about ordering one too..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913013
[/quote]
Do NOT loosen your cylinders to install the y-pipe. If it doesn't fit, send it back for exchange, or file the holes to make it fit. It could be the wrong one (zr9?) or it could be defective. Loosening the cylinders will not ruin the gaskets, but it will cause coolant to leak into the crankcase, forcing you to remove the cylinders completely, to clean out the coolant.

·
Banned
995 Posts
:banghead: I PICKED A Y-PIPE,MONSTER PIPE AT THE SHOW LAST WEEKEND AND THE Y-PIPE WAS NOT A GOOD LOOKING PIECE. WELD WAS NOT NEAT AND THE MOUNTING PLATE TO PIPE WAS OFFSET. HAD TO GRIND THE WELD AND OFFSETS BEFORE I SENT IT OUT TO JET HOT. WHO,S CHECKING THE QUALITY OF THESE THINGS?????????????????D AND D!!!!!!!!!!!!WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Im must be the only person that got a nice one,bought it at Big East show and slip on with no problem's.They are a great companyso the people that are having problems should just send them back and I'm sure they will take care of it right away. :div20:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I was in the process of building my engine but didn't do it tell after I got the cylinders and head and everythign tightned back down. There are sleaves on 2 bolts on each cylinder for centering it all up and they seem like a farely tight fit so I can't imagine you would move it much even if you did loosen the bolts. I would say they might just have some production problems but like I said earlier mine fit good and looked clean on the inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts