Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: WAS COMPARING THE D AND D Y PIPE WUTH THE STOCK Y PIPE TONIGHT AND AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW THEY CLAIM 2 TO 3 HP WITH THE D AND D Y PIPE. I WASN,T IMPRESSED WITH THE WELD JOB ON THE D AND D Y-PIPE. HAD TO GO IN AND GRIND ALOT OF THE SLOPPY WELD OFF. TO ME THIS OFFSET(STEP) BETWEEN THE THE PARTS AND THE WELD AFFECTS FLOW WHICH IS HOW YOU GET MORE HP (SMOOTHER FLOW). THE STOCK Y-PIPE LOOKED MUCH SMOOTHER WITH NO STEPS OR WELD IN THE WAY OF SMOOTH FLOW............................THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT............HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
the stock y pipe is pinched together where they come together the d&d is more header like and open. I had to grind down a small weld inside also.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Its probably not gonna work for you, so if you want to sell it let me know I'll give you what you paid for it. Fair enuff

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:div20: thanks for the offer plummer. bought the monster single with the y-pipe and am sending the y-pipe out yo get jet-hotted inside and out. am concerned about smooth flow inside the y-pipe. not happy with the welds and steps between the parts. to me this defeats the purpose of the y-pipe............HAWK!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts