Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
instructions say"starting with the thick washer, then the bearing, then the thin washer. i measured the thickness of both washers and they were both .040 thousands. there was no thicker or no thinner washer. why would there be a thicker washer or a thinner washer to begin with? am i missing something here?................THANKS............HAWK!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
instructions say"starting with the thick washer, then the bearing, then the thin washer. i measured the thickness of both washers and they were both .040 thousands. there was no thicker or no thinner washer. why would there be a thicker washer or a thinner washer to begin with? am i missing something here?................THANKS............HAWK!!!!!!!!!![/b]

When I got mine I noticed the same thing, even miked them. I just put it together. It works good on the stand. Now please let's have some snow.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
mine had a thicker washer that went in first,then the bearing and a thin washer... :dunno:

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took 150 thousands plastic washer out as per instructions. dosen,t anybody at D AND D check this stuff to elimanate confusion? yes we need snow to try all this stuff out......thanks....HAWK!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I have two installed in both Crossfires - The washers were the same thickness

150 miles last week in Tomahawk WI - Upshift is so smooth its incredible

I had my white spring adjuster backed up to the helix cover - At the same time i installed the shift assists i was playing with clutching on my C7
My wifes C6 clutching is stock other then the [email protected] shift assist
So i left the white spring adjusters backed out initially

Well after a little ride i pulled out my spring tool and turned in the factory green springs about .25 from the helix cover

Backshift was amazing and everything was working like i had hoped - Even turning in the white spring adjuster is effortless - No more spring bind like you had with the black washer

And were you adjust it IT STAYS - No more white adjuster backing out on its own to the helix cover - Adjust it , play with it and it flat out kicks ass - That secondary spring will never bind anymore

Upshift/Backshift are incredible

Scott

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BEE1971! great report. thanks for all the info on your setup. i,m glad there is a seatof the pants on this product. by the way"GO PACKERS" been a packer fan since i was a kid. my son and i live and die GREEN BAY PACKERS..........HAWK!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts