Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hook everything up and all I get is a horizontal line sometimes in the middle digit and sometimes on the third digit. I am getting 12 volts dc out of my rectifier when I bring the rpms up. If I hold the rpms up to maintain 12 volts I still can not get a reading. I get good resistance out of the sending unit and it is changing as the coolant warms up. So I am stuck. What is wrong? I have my egt gauge hooked up to the same rectifier and that is working just fine. Somebody please help me. I contacted Cyberdyne and they are telling me they can not help because it was designed for use in an automobile.

Help

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
So I hook everything up and all I get is a horizontal line sometimes in the middle digit and sometimes on the third digit. I am getting 12 volts dc out of my rectifier when I bring the rpms up. If I hold the rpms up to maintain 12 volts I still can not get a reading. I get good resistance out of the sending unit and it is changing as the coolant warms up. So I am stuck. What is wrong? I have my egt gauge hooked up to the same rectifier and that is working just fine. Somebody please help me. I contacted Cyberdyne and they are telling me they can not help because it was designed for use in an automobile.

Help[/b]
I have been working on getting a digital temp gauge for over a year and will have 70 complete kit soon. I have 10 kits on the trail one on a banshee, one on a WR450 dirt bike, one on a Rhino, one on a YZF 450 and one on my F7 cat a few I sold and no problems. It work on AC and DC current with the rectifier built into the gauge body. I tried to get cyberdine to work with me and soon as I said atv and snowmobile we were done talking with in 30 seconds. They have had so many problems with people like you useing them on sleds and they were ment to be inside a car at normal temps. The one I have are water tight and shock proof and come with a 2 year warranty. I will try to put up some pictures.

Todd

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried contacting you via PM and email in the last couple weeks about buying one of your set-ups but no one would return a PM or email. Do you still have some avail?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I bought the kit from saber in December. Very nice kit, good price. Unfortunately I only have 1 mile on my sled so far this season so I cannot comment on it's durability. I talked to him on the phone and he sounds like a good guy and offered to help me over the phone if I had and install issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with his product and service.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I bought the kit from saber in December. Very nice kit, good price. Unfortunately I only have 1 mile on my sled so far this season so I cannot comment on it's durability. I talked to him on the phone and he sounds like a good guy and offered to help me over the phone if I had and install issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with his product and service.[/b]
Hi guys.

I am still around, but spend most of my time over on the F7 fourm. I am supposed to have more this week. It is like pulling teeth to get the company to get me gauges. I am persistant though.

www.jtatv.com

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts