Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you ever cut the lugs down on a track,and is there tool to do this?someone told me there is a tool.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
my buddie has a tire groover that would go right threw the lugs no problem! I would try a search on the internet for a a tire groover , he got his about 2 years ago new this way. I think it cost him about $100 with a hole bunch on knifes ranging from 1/8" wide to 5/8" wide.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
no need for a tire groover. they are way expensive anyway. what exactly are you cutting?? just getting smaller lugs or cutting windows for cooler clearance??

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...pid=00981980000 something like this will cut the lugs easily if you're trimming the entire track to a different profile.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US...84+3865&pos=n22 these work great for cutting the windows for cooler strips. it takes about 20 minutes to cut a 136" track for windows with these pliers.

other options are utility knives or cut-off wheels. the knives are hard to cut but they cut. cut-off wheels are pretty stinky. hope these options help out, i recommend the plier method. Brian.

sorry the Home Depot link doesn't go straight to the pliers, don't know why. anyway the pliers are made by Husky, model number JP1008. just do a search on the Depot site for the model number and you'll get a picture of the pliers. both of the pliers i posted are available at just about any hardware store, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. hope it helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have A 1" lug and I want .875 lug so i will have more penatration with my studs.I dont want to buy new studs, my studs only have .187 penatration and the track just spins when i launch on ice.192 studs

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by polarisxcr@Oct 9 2005, 10:17 PM
I have A 1" lug and I want .875 lug so i will have more penatration with my studs.I dont want to buy new studs, my studs only have .187 penatration and the track just spins when i launch on ice.192 studs
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918781
[/quote]

sell the studs and buy right ones.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by polarisxcr@Oct 9 2005, 09:17 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918781
[/quote]
:frech32: :frech32: Are you serious? Your not originaly from Kentucky are you?Why not do the right thing and replace your studs. If your studs are worn down. Cutting down the lug height probably won't help you any. :augen41:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts