Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
20,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on a place to get a very minimal wrap/decal cut that would cover the gray "flare" of the new Matryx side panel, and some tunnel graphics to blend in. I have the black with gray accents VR1 coming in, and I'd like to convert the gray accents to the Polaris Lime Squeeze (which, I'm pretty sure is just the side panel portion as I didn't do a gray tunnel or rails). Arctic/FX has been my vendor of choice in the past, but after speaking with them yesterday I was told they couldn't make this work (I still don't understand why).

Any other places that people have had good luck with this type of design work? I don't want to spend an arm & a leg, but I'm willing to pay for quality.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I'm trying to picture the contours with the combination of locations. I'm not sure if that is their reasoning?
Is the hood profile drastically different on the VR1? It does take a little work to upload new contour profiles. A lot of the designers share the information once they have good files.
It is difficult to do seamless graphics with deep contour variations. You would need perforated material.
I work with a person that will make anything you want. Pricing has been pretty good for custom stuff. He does seam the heavy contour areas. I also use a heat gun to apply on lighter contours.
Funny deal, I don't seem to have many pictures.
This shows a little of the seaming and contour I put on the last sled.
20191120_143729.jpg

That is non perf material.
You can pm me if you want more info about that shop.

·
Administrator
20,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had a good picture of the Matryx side panel ... the online images are a bit lacking, unfortunately. The way the side panel "flares" it almost seems like it's a 2-piece design. My niece's husband works for Polaris so I asked him if he could get me a close up picture, or a parts fiche breakdown since I can't seem to find anything on the Polaris website.

If it's a 2-piece design I'd be tempted to just have it painted vs. wrapped ... but I'd think a wrap would work just fine too since it would have clean edges to work with?

I'll shoot a message your way once I get more details ... thanks much!

·
Registered
2016 ZR6000 (for now....)
1,490 Posts
Subscribed! I've been looking the same thing for a few years now. I'd love to find some inexpensive partial wraps to cover up those "problem areas."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts