Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we got a rather late start this morning after being out most of the night at the Fed and the Zone to find a wonderfull 6 or 7 inches of white gold covering the ground.

We started out on the A110 out to the TOP A trail and even though the internet says that A South is closed we decided to go as far as we could on an untravelled perfectly groomed trail for about 12 Miles until we found out why the trail was posted as closed. There is a section of the A that goes through a swamp and the groomer seems to have turned around at that point. Because there was only two of us we did not attempt anything crazy but I think we could have made it accross but we were unsure what the trail was going to be like on the other side, so we decided to take the safe way out and turn around and just take the TOP A back up to Butler Lake again like we did on Day One. The trail was even better than Day One and I would grade it about a 9 out of 10 today. Then after lunch we were going to keep going North and my buddies sled wouldn't start so he had to hitch a ride from the waitress at the Butler Lake Truck Stop back to KL (People up here are great and are always so willing to help out, we would both like to thank her very much for the ride because it saved us from having to spend another 1 1/2 hours back and forth by truck and trailer to get the sled) I rode single back via the A108 and all I have to say is that with the fresh snow and the grooming that has been done on this trail it is now a full 10 out of 10. It really does not get much better than this people! :smiley-faces7:

I really do not know what else to say other than less a few small wet spots and a few swamps that have not been packed yet this area is good to go for local day trips. I would again like to express our thanks to everyone that made the trails as good as they could be for us and needless to say that we cannot wait to come back.

For now it's time to rest up for our last night of partying before heading home. I hope these conditions were a help to some people that were heading up this way and also no matter where you have been riding over the holidays that you had a great and safe time.

Have a happy new year everyone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts