Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there was a trail that went from either Homer or the Caribou Hills to Seldovia. Does anyone know of one? That looks like it would be one hellva ride

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have hiked back in there and there is no way that I know of. There is someone I remember talking to about taking a boat across to ride. I am sure they will chime in. Talk about untouched powder!!!!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
if anyone knows it would probably be beringc . He takes the boat over and plays in that area. I would think it would a one hellofa trip to get over there. Jump the fox river, play in the alders trying to get up the other side and then across the mountains and into seldovia...You would need a couple fuel drops to get there.... hell I'm in.. when do we leave ??

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Flyer, I'm gonna be in the hills this weekend. Fri thru Sun. Maybe see ya up there. Will be me and my kiddo.

On the other note. I think it certainly would be one hellva ride to get over there. IF it was even possible

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
You know on a good day......the shortest distance between two points is a straight line :drunk: :burp:

·
Registered
388 Posts
You know on a good day......the shortest distance between two points is a straight line :drunk: :burp:[/b]
You first... I been in that water....more than once..I will buy the beer and supply the boat! :beerchug:

F5.. I am back on the slope till the 23rd.. But will be up for a ride anytime when I get back in. for a nice cuise, go down 5000 then take a left on center trail. when you hit cytex dome, drop down into the valley on your right and follow it around as it curves back to the left. It will take you to Willards valley.... KILLER powder when I was there on Sunday..and a nice ride too. You can come back up through glory hole then hit the straight in trail and follow it to 4 corners..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sad to admit I have not made it over there yet, i have had a few opportunitys but i have always been to busy. Not this year though. New sled and every year that goes by my wife is more understanding about the need to ride. I do have the inside track on the guys that go regularly, we ride alot on this side together and one of them is my neighbor. I doubt that you could make it to Seldovia from this side without an epic adventure air support and alot of help from above. The riding over there is incredible i have seen the footage they get, makes this side pretty weak. But with the snow we have now down here it is pretty darn spectacular right now in the Caribou Hills. saturday looks like the day to ride, sunny in the morning. We will be making plans tomorrow. :beerchug:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Which iron island are you referring to? I am on the Bruce, week and week. Akflyer and I ride together when we have the time. Maybe we should try to plan a ride. Granted that our schedules will let us.[/b]
NOT a Seldovia ride either.... dont want enyone getting the idea that I would actually try that one...atleast, not without MAJOR planning and airsupport..and lots of Cap'n Morgans....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NOT a Seldovia ride either.... dont want enyone getting the idea that I would actually try that one...atleast, not without MAJOR planning and airsupport..and lots of Cap'n Morgans....[/b]
WHAT? are ya chicken? LOL j/k
from the sounds of it the boat over is the only way to go...but, can you answer me this. How far CAN you ride that way before getting into impassable places?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts