Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beaten to death but this is a little different question.
I'm really just looking to gain low end, midrange, crispness, and throttle response. Offtrail riding.
For those that have installed these, was there a noticeable difference in throttle response and low range running? Thanks

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
could have sworn D&D had the best results with V-Force reeds on @taperk600 's 8000

also seem to recall them being a bit of a bugger to get at @Procross225 ?

D&D had the dyno sheets on their FB page, I believe the best bang/$ was Bullseyes/Reeds/Y-Pipe.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They were not too terrible. The 18+ have some sort of idle air control valve thats attached to air box and goes to the the throttle bodies. Not having that bitch starter bolt to grind was nice. They still were not as simple as the 12-17 non e start models.

Seems the coolant tube is harder to get a grip of to reinstall. Probably a 1.5 hour job with a little swearing.

I had my engine pulled apart for a few weeks waiting on cylinders and a hernia surgery delayed the rebuild. So i was installing everything a few weeks after i yanked it apart. Not as simple as doing it day of.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Im sure it could be done in an hour or less. But i remove cross over bar from air box and pull airbox when tbs are out just to check things over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts