Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Just for interest sake. My son pulled the valves on our 18 High Country 8000 with 4200 Km’s on it.They we’re absolutely perfect no carbon or any debris of any kind. it has had only C tech for oil and high test fuel. I think this just proves the point especially when this sled has lived at least half its life at max rpm’s while playing in the deep stuff. So if it works why chance something else?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
c-tech oil will works just as good in the new sleds as the old sleds. Zuk and AC

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just cleaned the APV's on both my sleds '15 zuzook 800 and 16 C-tec 600. Both run the Cat oils APV and Ctec oil. I could not believe how clean they were. Ran interceptor years ago on our F-7's-- Dirty sticky valves every year. Just my experience with different oils.

·
Registered
836 Posts
And to reinterate in this thread the
What oil are you guys running in your Cats? Have been running Interceptor in my 2011F8,and in my 2016 ZR8000 Limited with no issues. The F8 currently has 7800 miles and the 8000zr has 5300 miles.I continue to hear that i should be running Cat oil from dealers
Just to reiterate to all the people that said the Ctec2 oil was designed for 'this" engine and that's what the OP should run, the OP's sleds are both Suzuki 800's with mechanical oil pumps. They do not specifically require the use of Ctec2 oil. You can literally run anything in a Suzuki. These are not to be confused with the Ctec2 600's or 800's

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yes run the type of oil you like to use as long as it meets the specs for your engine. I just use C-tec in everything so I only have one kind of oil on the shelf and the price close to the same.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
LOL HA HA

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
What oil are you guys running in your Cats? Have been running Interceptor in my 2011F8,and in my 2016 ZR8000 Limited with no issues. The F8 currently has 7800 miles and the 8000zr has 5300 miles.I continue to hear that i should be running Cat oil from dealers
I would stick with what you have been using, I used interceptor in my '03 F5 5600 miles, '05 F7 14,000 miles, '10 CF8 9,800 miles and the first 2000 miles in my '16 then switched to klotz because I was in a pinch been using that since 3,000 miles. I have never had a oil related problem or stuck valve but I do clean them every year or 3 - 4K miles in the off season. My F7 was burning at 35:1 before I made an adjustment to get to 52:1 I wonder if that is way some have experienced dirty values. I don't buy the stories of drying out and rusting internal after a few weeks if true maybe more a engine design issue.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts