Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
With the new oils it only important to have same rated, pour point oil. This should make all equal. With the new electric oil pumps it don't know if viscosity is the same or not. So with a different oil it could possibly hurt your engine if rated differently.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The older Suzuki engines will run on anything. I said RUN on anything. Like Z said, not all oils are created equal. The older engines have mechanical oil pumps. The newer C-tec engines have electric oil pumps. From using both oils I can say without a doubt, C-tec oil is MUCH thinner. Will an electric oil pump, pump thicker oil? Sure, Right up until it won't.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Interesting video. If legit, somewhat telling. Couple of thoughts, I will never ride at -40*. Ever. And that VES stuff barely moved. Wow!

·
Registered
42,493 Posts

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Problem with amsoil they don't tell you it doesn't offer very good protection against rust or corrosion in the off season. Our engine guy had motors that were run on interceptor...the engine internals were dry with light surface rust appearing on the crank after sitting a couple weeks. I wouldn't use that stuff in my power equipment.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Problem with amsoil they don't tell you it doesn't offer very good protection against rust or corrosion in the off season. Our engine guy had motors that were run on interceptor...the engine internals were dry with light surface rust appearing on the crank after sitting a couple weeks. I wouldn't use that stuff in my power equipment.
So you keep saying.... but I still don't buy it. I have no doubt it works better than Ctec regardless. I still think you're confusing Dominator with Interceptor.

·
Registered
42,493 Posts
So you keep saying.... but I still don't buy it. I have no doubt it works better than Ctec regardless. I still think you're confusing Dominator with Interceptor.

Didn't dominator come about after amsoil's series 2000 oil was discontinued? Imo, dominator and series 2000 are the same oil. Our guys ran series 2000 till they no longer had it. It looks like the same red oil dominator now is. That oil was very good. Interceptor is a s**t brown color and imo lives up to its name.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You're not the first person I've heard that from. Almost like it runs "dry".

I've heard much better from Dominator than Interceptor.

·
Registered
42,493 Posts
Someone here claimed dominator was only a pre-mix oil....not true, it can be used as an injector oil. As far as interceptor being a dry oil..its been pretty well know in the past from other engine builders.

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
240 Posts
Cat spent a lot of time and money developing the CTec 2 oil specific to the CTec 2 engine requirements for the best protection possible so not sure why you would use anything else.....I know I wont in my ZR6000

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cat spent a lot of time and money developing the CTec 2 oil specific to the CTec 2 engine requirements for the best protection possible so not sure why you would use anything else.....I know I wont in my ZR6000
Not saying CTec oil is bad and that you shouldn't run it, but saying it is the best protection possible is somewhat of a stretch. They only have to make the oil good enough to not have issues and they will get riders like you to buy it just because it is OEM and still charge a premium price. Aftermarket oils have to be better in some form or another to get people to not buy OEM.

·
Registered
219 Posts
And like all branded oil.... AC's isn't made by AC.... they bid out to whatever company meets their minimum specs at lowest cost.

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
240 Posts
I have no idea why you would either, glad you agree with me.....lol
It always amazes me the folks will spend thousands of dollars on sleds, gear, trailers etc. and penny pinch on the most important product we need the most.
I am by no means saying Amsoil is a bad produce but the C-Tec2 oil was specifically designed for the C-Tec 2 engine so not sure why we would use anything else. Not looking to argue JMHO

21 - 40 of 51 Posts