Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil are you guys running in your Cats? Have been running Interceptor in my 2011F8,and in my 2016 ZR8000 Limited with no issues. The F8 currently has 7800 miles and the 8000zr has 5300 miles.I continue to hear that i should be running Cat oil from dealers

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
My Son runs interceptor in his 17 600SX (premix... no oil injection)
Trail rides it and it's just fine.

Great sled...
Btw, it is trail converted.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
What oil are you guys running in your Cats? Have been running Interceptor in my 2011F8,and in my 2016 ZR8000 Limited with no issues. The F8 currently has 7800 miles and the 8000zr has 5300 miles.I continue to hear that i should be running Cat oil from dealers
I would recommend cTec as it is made for the engine. At least through Warranty.

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,848 Posts
Is this a Poo thread? LOL!

Any quality oil will work but, if in doubt, run Ctec. The OEM oils, while spendy (on purpose) are guaranteed to have the additives these new nils require. Personally, I am a fan of Amsoil and use it but, not married to it.

AND NO....oil is not oil.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Is this a Poo thread? LOL!

Any quality oil will work but, if in doubt, run Ctec. The OEM oils, while spendy (on purpose) are guaranteed to have the additives these new nils require. Personally, I am a fan of Amsoil and use it but, not married to it.

AND NO....oil is not oil.
Considering you can go over a thousand miles (600) on a gallon, they are not expensive. I get mine for around $45.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would recommend cTec as it is made for the engine. At least through Warranty.
2016 has a Zuk and dealer should be pointing you to APV not CTEC2. If you have the CTEC2 engine then I would stick with the OEM oil unless you understand oil a lot better than I do...

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I ran mystic synthetic in all my 2 stroke non c tech Cats. Now I’m strictly on C tech oil in the 19 8000 rr. I just don’t see the need to switch, it’s not that pricey and easy to get so until I’m stuck somewhere I’m not experimenting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ran mystic synthetic in all my 2 stroke non c tech Cats. Now I’m strictly on C tech oil in the 19 8000 rr. I just don’t see the need to switch, it’s not that pricey and easy to get so until I’m stuck somewhere I’m not experimenting.
I won't experiment either. These engines are slightly different technology and the oil is noticeably different that I won't risk it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
2016 has a Zuk and dealer should be pointing you to APV not CTEC2. If you have the CTEC2 engine then I would stick with the OEM oil unless you understand oil a lot better than I do...

Well I missed that but cTec works fine in the zuk as well.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Been running Mystik in 2 Zuke 800s. ~5,000 miles on one, ~3,000 miles on the other. No issues. With those motors, I think just about any full synthetic will suffice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Amsoil now has warranty for new sleds for 2 years or 5000 miles. since dealers tell people it will void warranty running any thing but manufacture oil. as per the Magnusson-moss act of 1972 it is illegal to require them to tell you what parts or oil to use in it unless the provid it free of charge. For more on the warranty from amsoil see there website and search runs on freedom

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Amsoil now has warranty for new sleds for 2 years or 5000 miles. since dealers tell people it will void warranty running any thing but manufacture oil. as per the Magnusson-moss act of 1972 it is illegal to require them to tell you what parts or oil to use in it unless the provid it free of charge. For more on the warranty from amsoil see there website and search runs on freedom
And how will they prove warranty? It is all a pipe dream. I have had cat warranty a sled using injex, but that was because of a bad factory bearing. Up to you, but saving under $50 on a good year on a paper warranty is not the greatest of ideas. Remember the movie Tommy Boy?

·
Registered
222 Posts
"My sleds been running fine for 8,000 miles on amsoil do you think I should change oils? 😂😂😂

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,848 Posts
Considering you can go over a thousand miles (600) on a gallon, they are not expensive. I get mine for around $45.00 a gallon.
I never did get all the whining about the cost of a quality oil. $12k on a sled and the argument is that Walmart's lawnmower oil is just as good? LOL.....imbeciles. Again, Oil IS NOT OIL! They are NOT all created equally. Using an OEM brand oil for these engines is the right thing to do when in doubt. These oils are specifically engineerred for these newer engines and you won't go wrong. Now are they better than a quality aftermarket product, no but....they all run around the same price too.

I won't experiment either. These engines are slightly different technology and the oil is noticeably different that I won't risk it.

Nothing wrong with this attitude at all.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Been running Amsoil since day 1 with my 20 Riot 8000. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

Ive heard apv is being fizzled out and it will be 100% ctec2 oil. Its claimed to be 100% backwards compatible. Just not other way around.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts