Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does thr Simons CPR Power up kit do and how does it do it? Looking to maybe put it on my 900

·
Registered
474 Posts
There were many individuals on here last year running this kit. I called and actually talked with the owner, Jeff. Extremely nice and answered all of my questions. I did not purchase the kit, I think the 900 if fast enough alone but from the sounds if it, this is the kit to have.

Danny

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Call Jeff at CPR and he'll hook you up with a clutch kit or the power up which has bullseyes and other extras(gears?) aside from the clutching. I like the Heavy Hitters that come with the kit for the tunability. :div20:

·
Registered
436 Posts
The way you do the thing's you do... no just kidding. The power up kit consists of the following, two pilot jet's, two main jet's, two tpi air valve's, and reed's. Lennco.
I do not know how this kit work's but when running on ice against 925,1000 twin. believe me you will not be dissapionted. EVEN WITH STOCK PIPE AND CAN.
:dunno:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm more concerned about agressive trail riding. How will the CPR clutch and power up kit work with that kind of rideing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Aggressive trail riding is where the complete kit shines! :luxhello: The clutch kit is a must if you do nothing else. You can use his power up kit or buy some V-force reeds and the SLP air box mod, which is what I did. Some say it’s a little noisy but I don't think it is bad at all. I just love that tone of the big bore sucking air! :smilielol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have the cpr clutch kit only on my 03 zr900. I talked to Jeff about what I had done to the sled and told him I was not totally happy with the clutching. He told me he would hook me up and he did. His clutch kit is awesome. I do 98% of my riding on trails and in the woods. Believe it or not I average about 18-20mpg also. I have speedwerx head kit, and pipe (although Jeff did tell me to put tthe stock pipe back on which I did) v-force 2 reeds, D&D powerbreather, 192 trail studs. This sled all out rocks and have had a guy on a built t-cat would not even race me after I waxed his f-7, he ran home to get his t-cat and saw under my hood would not even run me. I think I now have the same problem with this sled as I have with my 99 zrt600 with black magic mono-block head sleeper kit, reeds, D&D pipes powerbreather etc... on it. I want a new sled but am unable to force myself to sell the old one, LOL I have only ridden the zrt 2 or 3 times in the past three years but can not put it up for sale. Kevin

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just thinking that the CPR clutch kit and some vforce 3 reeds and the horns removed from the air box.might do the trick. Has any one done that setup? Is the CPR clutch kit THAT much better than a Black Magic Heart throb kit??? How different can it be?

·
Premium Member
2021 Pro-S 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,590 Posts
Go with the CPR kit. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I have an 03 ZR900 with the clutch kit. The improvement is there. I have mine with a SLP single, modified reeds, D&D power breather, and pilots and jetting per CPR. Does well. I've seen 118 per GPS. If I could get it to hook up I'd likely see better.

sledinfool - what does the Speedwerx head kit do? I thought the high compression of these sleds wouldn't allow for much improvement on compression? Not to mention the thought of bad 92 octane fuel. Thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts