Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All crossfire owners should now have good info on what skis area good fit for the x-fire. Aggressive trail riding, not much powder riding. Looking for good handling in corners and no darting. Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Ran USI triple threats on my CF1000 stage one and it had 0 darting and cornered so well you had to hang on or it would throw you. Very adjustable and easy to shim. We only ride groomed trails so never got into playing with the fins too much but you do need to play with them to get them the way you want. Some will say they are heavy to steer and they are a bit but you can adjust them so they bite hard but aren't too heavy. Only ran single 6 inch carbides and that was more than enough grab.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I too have run USI Triple threats on my CFR 1000 and they where excellent trail skis. I also have a set of SLP SLT trail ski's, and SLP powder pro's, I run the powder pro's now 100% of the time as they have the exact same keel as the SLT's for trail riding but give the machine improved sloppy snow trail handling not to mention a huge improvement off trail, they make the front end feel very light in all conditions. Just as Boom I run 6" carbide on all my machines and I'm studded down the middle. Good luck

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just under 17,000 miles on 3 different Xf's with oem ski's between 2007-13...They all got 10" carbides from day 1...Front shock and rr suspension adjustments made them rail the way I like on groomed trails...NO off trail riding for me...:bc:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Just under 17,000 miles on 3 different Xf's with oem ski's between 2007-13...They all got 10" carbides from day 1...Front shock and rr suspension adjustments made them rail the way I like on groomed trails...NO off trail riding for me...:bc:
I agree with this but if the XF ski your talking about is the newer version it is more aggressive than the original Crossfire Ski up to 2011. I used the original on a Crossfire 7 in 06 and it never carved the same as the 1000 with the USI 's. I tried everything it always pushed under hard cornering. Now I have to admit the skis on my High Country (2018) are super aggressive and corner excellent compared to my ZR8000 RR (19). If you compare the 2 the High Country is wider for floatation but also has a much deeper keel I'm contiplating swapping next year and might go to a High Country ski on my RR. Over the years I find ski choice is an individual preference. The reason I say this is the feedback I've got from others riding my sleds has varied. Some say they have been too heavy and others love the agresivness? We just measured the High Country keel is 1.5 inch deep and has a lot of rocker. The RR has 3/4 inch keel and has a lot less rocker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts