Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a new Crossfire but I need to know if it will fit in my current trailer. I currently have an R&R 101" x 10', covered....now my cousin says his Crossfire fits in his trailer, it is the same size. I am just looking for other opinions and first hand experiences if possible. Thanks.

This is coming from a REV guy who more than likely will be heading to Cat..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
i think when i measured it was 10ft from the ski loops to the rear bumper...and over 4 ft wide

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
I have an opportunity to purchase a new Crossfire but I need to know if it will fit in my current trailer. I currently have an R&R 101" x 10', covered....now my cousin says his Crossfire fits in his trailer, it is the same size. I am just looking for other opinions and first hand experiences if possible. Thanks.

This is coming from a REV guy who more than likely will be heading to Cat..... :thumbsup:[/b]

Thinking about going to a Crossfire 5?? :poke:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about going to a Crossfire 5?? :poke:[/b]
Shhhh.......we keep this on the low - low....

CF7 but I need to be sure that it will fit in my trailer.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think when i measured it was 10ft from the ski loops to the rear bumper...and over 4 ft wide[/b]
The Cat site says it is 127" and when I measure it in the trailer it is 127 to up in the V on the front of the trailer. From what I am reading on a few of the other sites it will fit but it will need to be up in the V.....man what to do. Thanks for the post.

·
Vendor
17,622 Posts
Shhhh.......we keep this on the low - low....

CF7 but I need to be sure that it will fit in my trailer.[/b]
It DOES NOT fit in Todds trailer I've seen it.....well it fits but not very nice which makes it a total pain in the ass to load.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It DOES NOT fit in Todds trailer I've seen it.....well it fits but not very nice which makes it a total pain in the ass to load.[/b]
Yeah that is what he was telling me today. He has to put it all the way forward then close the top, then open up the front and push it back so the bumper hits the back of the top. Would really love to buy a 12' but wife will kill me if I go back to her and say, hey need another trailer now.... :russian_roulette:

:getlost:

·
Registered
12 Posts
my buddy i ride with up north with had a 10 foot trailer. I use to squeeze my crossfire in his trailer. He tried my sled a couple of times and ended up buying a switchback. What he did, sold his cap, extended the front of his trailer by 8 inches and had a cap made to fit. Now his switchback fits with plenty of room. PS make sure you hqve plenty of height. make sure you have at least 58 inches because the windshield will hit when you close the cap. Good Luck.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I purchased a xfire 600 and 'hoped' it would fit in my Triton with a 'aftermarket' cap on it. There are several posts on this forum about this and it seems that some fit, some don't. I really do think most trailers will hold a xfire, but it is tight. In fact, I have 1.25" blocks in the front to point the ski's in the air in order to tuck them into the v portion of the cap. Even doing this the skis touch the front and the rear clears by about an inch.
I would buy a 12' if I was buying new but I would almost bet you can get your 10 footer to work.
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts