Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These sleds are in people's garages and dealer showrooms now. Who's had the ACT drive apart to check out the gearing? Bud of mine just ordered a CF7SP and is going to be mighty POed if the sled struggles to break 100. My ProX 600 with the same track has been over 100 on several occasions...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Cat engineers have stated 100MPH. Gearing was changed to 60/60. It's not a lake racer. If he wanted that he should have bought a Firecat.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that's the case, I expect to see several discussions on here this winter about re-gearing. That motor has enough power to pull taller gearing than that with that track.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. 136 Ripsaw. GPS verified over 100 MPH on multiple occasions with 22/40 gearing from the Switchback 600.

Just noticed you're from WI. Whereabouts? Who's your dealer?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm from SE WI, Wilson's Power Sports.

Since Cat made the gearing and clutching changes so late last winter, I doubt if anyone knows what it is going to do on top end (other than their engineers and test riders), until we get some snow. I know that all the DD sleds have suffered on top end compared to their chaincase counterparts, but that is also why Cat went to the larger diameter secondary, so hopefully that will help. This sled has 140 horsepower, so there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to do over 100, even with that track. But keep in mind that they have chosen a gearing that will work well off trail, and they aren't too worried about top speed on this type of sled.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by Matt@Oct 3 2005, 12:28 PM
If that's the case, I expect to see several discussions on here this winter about re-gearing.  That motor has enough power to pull taller gearing than that with that track.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905524
[/quote]

I'm sure that some people will do that (change gearing). But for myself, I couldn't care less, as long as it can hit 100 or so. It's not meant to be a lake racer....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts