Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew if the 03 440 cross link would be able to fit in a firecat im lookin to get cross link for my 04 F7"sp" because the 03 "sp" didnt work out that well for me it bottomed out alot on the BIG ONES goin 55-66 id rather have cross link so i know i wont be bustin anything thing up so my sled wont be down at the dealer gettin warranty work done for half the season AGAIN :wacko:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Local Dealer says, yes the crosslink will fit. Someone I ride with has an 03 F7 SP that he put the crosslink out of an 03 440 wrecked race sled and put it in his F7 in late Feb. He would compare the change in ride like going from a half ton pickup to a 1 ton pickup.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have read some that the cross-link has been pulled from next years
line-up. I was going to order a sno-pro next week but without the
cross-link, it's just a matter of shocks to me since I want the 1-inch
track. Is it because they still haven't got it 100% or something else?

·
Registered
773 Posts
The 03 Cross-link seemed to really work well since they changed to the 2 inch rear shock.

Main reasons for non-consumer sleds is cost.It is costly to rebuild & it needs to be serviced on a regular basis.I have been told every 300 miles or every other race.Most places charge 75-100$ to service.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The shocks get mushy at 200 miles and are wiped out by 280 when going hard over the bumbs and catching big air. He would not recommend a crosslink in a typical consumer sled, as most consumers will not want to rebuild the shocks after going out for a long one day ride. The crosslink also requires alot more regular service work.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Thanks for the response guys. What shocks would you recommend for an
agressive trail rider. Iwas thinking of the sno-pro, but with no cross-link, I
might as well put the extra $500 or so towards a set of after-market clickers
or something right? I rode a standard F7 this year and a ZR600 last year. I
had the ZR600 shocks rebuilt a couple times but the F7 I just rode it the
whole year. I know I should have done the shocks, because they were real
soft at the end.

Mike

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by 02SnoPro@Mar 29 2003, 10:27 AM
Or get some Fox Zero Pros, nice shocks for the price.
02SnoPro & teamgreen02,

Do either of you have these installed on your Firecat's? I have seen no-one or nowhere that sells these shocks and I have been to Fox's site and they give an overview of these shocks but nothing about price.... Could you tell me how much the Fox ZeroX they are selling for? Thanks!
-John

oh, 1 other question I have about this topic. When a person orders, say these ZeroX shocks for thier particular sled, how do they come valved/set-up or do they custom valve them per order and then send them out to the consumer??

·
Registered
773 Posts
Give Carver Performance in MN a call.They stock all of Fox's line of shocks I believe.Or there website is www.carverperformance.com .I have had them service my Cross-link & installed the 03 rear shock from the Sno Pro.

As far as the Fox Zero-X shocks they are sold valved generic for the sled you have I believe.They are stiff to say the least but are adjustable for compression & rebound.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well seeing i rebuild my own shocks it only cost me 15$ a shock!!!! :D so rebuliding and service is not an issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts