Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the arctic cat site i made an f7 soopro team arctic sled and i checked the specs and under the rear suspension is says this:

rear_suspension : FasTrack Long Travel slide-rail w/Arctic Cat x-link coupled system, adjustable torsion springs

so i guess the cross link system may finaly make it to a consumer sled?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think they will ever make the cross- link shock setup for the consumer sled, it requires so much maintance all the time. Most racers have to rebuild the cross link shocks every weekend of racing. 300 miles of trail riding and you would want to too. The 01 were junk and the 02's were just a little better ,I guess the 03's worked pretty well though .

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
yeah I saw that too. Maybe they will. If you go to cats site look at 2004 line up then look at f7sno pro then choose
key features it says "as found on team arcitc's sleds"

who knows

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully, the cross link will be on the consumer sleds, it has supposed be on some sled for 2 winters, last year it was the snopro models and the year before it was the zr8's. But cat last winter changed the specs on the snopro model sleds constantly obn the site and we didnt even know what we were getting till the fall, hopefully its not the same this winter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The cross link definately does not require rebuilding after every race. I just rebuilt mine for the first time after 8 races and I know lots of guys that still haven't done theirs yet. 8 races is probably equivilent to over 1000 miles trail riding, so I would say that is pretty good.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a 2001 Sno Pro 440 with the Dynamic manufacutred Cross link set up. After being updated they have been fine for the entire season for the last 2 years. 3000 miles, 2 rebuilds, 1 before each riding season. They have been abused pretty good for the first 2 years, this year my girlfriend is on it and they aren't getting beat too bad..

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
How many people want to pay 3hrs or more labour for getting a set of shocks rebuilt? My guess is not very many. I have heard of some racers here in Canada paying around the 500 cad mark to get shox done. Very expensive for the average rider and would be one more thing for people to complain about. I think it is in Cat's best interest to keep the cross link for race only applications.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love them for what they do ,but I always thought they were a little high maintance and to much $ for the servicing for most people. But I'm trying to buy a 03 set for my F7 . Used my 02 set on same sled this year and rebuilt them 3 times. I just love the feel when they are fresh .

·
Registered
66 Posts
The main thing that I like about the cross link is the controlled suspension travel and the fact that it doesn't kick back...which makes it worth its weight in gold. It is by far the best suspension I have ridden on.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I like the cross link very much on my 01 Sno Pro. It is GREAT through stutter bumps and moguls because of the reduced kick back. It helps the sled handle like it is on rails. I have a great relationship with my dealer so I dont pay any extra for the rebuilding over 2 regular remote res. shocks. It is about $90 or so if I carry them in. If I am lazy and bring the sled in, it is $230 to have all 4 shocks pulled and rebuilt (and reinstalled obviously).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Originally posted by snopro@Mar 2 2003, 06:33 PM
How many people want to pay 3hrs or more labour for getting a set of shocks rebuilt?  My guess is not very many.  I have heard of some racers here in Canada paying around the 500 cad mark to get shox done.  Very expensive for the average rider and would be one more thing for people to complain about.  I think it is in Cat's best interest to keep the cross link for race only applications.
snopro, I would love to have that on my sled. People who dont want it should not get the snopro package. Its as simple as that. I hate that our cross country and snopro version consumer sleds are so soft. They were good back in 98 with the ZR600XC but too many people complained who should have bought regular ZRs or ZLs. Now us true ditch bangers are paying for it. I would like to buy a sled that doesnt need to be revalved and resprung to perform the way it should from the factory.

Lets hope we are getting the aluminum bodied shocks and X link, it will save me some time and money since I was panning on doing this to my 04 F7 Snopro..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts