Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that their handle bars when riding their Firecat straight is a little off center. I noticed this on mine. When going straight I have to turn it a little bit (say 5-10 degrees) to the left. If I don't do this my sled pulls right.

Now how would i go about fixing this. Would I have to adjust the tie rod ends to do this. I looked at the steering column and it is welded to a bracket that the handlebars attach to. I also checked my toe and it seemed fine.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

F7

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Adjust your tie rods until your bars are straight and then recheck your toe in

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
may be easier to adjust the steering rod..Under the hood. That one will straighten the bars and not throw off the toe..Check to make sure it doesn't affect the rod to head clearance .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just adjusted my bars

It was easy, loosen the jamnuts, turn the rod to extend it about 1/2 inch and viola done. I think CAT may have left it like that so it doesn't touch head bolt because it seems to touch a little bit now, no big deal.

Talk to ya

F7

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
may be easier to adjust the steering rod..Under the hood. That one will straighten the bars and not throw off the toe..Check to make sure it doesn't affect the rod to head clearance .
So I lift the hood up, where is the steering rod? What do I loosen?

·
Registered
20,092 Posts
So I lift the hood up, where is the steering rod? What do I loosen?

its the only silver rod under the hood that runs from the steering post to the pitman. if you can't figure this out take it to the dealer. Steering is nothing to be playing with.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
Nope mine was a ski and I just wanted a new starting point:lol: but like most things I'll do it myself. even when I know the answer I'll get some opinions here first:thumbsup:
i was refering to the other guy..he already made a thread on a similiar issue...just seems funny to have 2 threads going on it..lol

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i was refering to the other guy..he already made a thread on a similiar issue...just seems funny to have 2 threads going on it..lol
Oh i know i was just bored, if they don't know where the steering post is they really shouldn't touch their sleds...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts