Hardcore Sledder banner

Crooked Handlebars

2199 13
Anyone notice that their handle bars when riding their Firecat straight is a little off center. I noticed this on mine. When going straight I have to turn it a little bit (say 5-10 degrees) to the left. If I don't do this my sled pulls right.

Now how would i go about fixing this. Would I have to adjust the tie rod ends to do this. I looked at the steering column and it is welded to a bracket that the handlebars attach to. I also checked my toe and it seemed fine.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

F7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just adjusted my bars

It was easy, loosen the jamnuts, turn the rod to extend it about 1/2 inch and viola done. I think CAT may have left it like that so it doesn't touch head bolt because it seems to touch a little bit now, no big deal.

Talk to ya

F7

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Nope mine was a ski and I just wanted a new starting point:lol: but like most things I'll do it myself. even when I know the answer I'll get some opinions here first:thumbsup:
i was refering to the other guy..he already made a thread on a similiar issue...just seems funny to have 2 threads going on it..lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.