Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to tell this story.

So we are at a gas stop / restaurant on Saturday and we notice this shiny new ZR9. On a closer look, this sled was totally bashed. Almost everything was bend and / or broken. It had 127 miles on the clock. The owner limps out and starts to explain. Said he hit a pressure ridge / snow drift at 110 mph. When he landed, the force ripped off his helmet. The sled was not so lucky. It landed on its tall and did the multiple roll thing end for end.

I said to the guy: “Wow, that is a tough way to break in a new sled. I hope your insurance co. does not give you a hard time.” He said: “ They are going to be pi55ed. This is the second one in two weeks.”

Two new ZR9s in two weeks. $20,000 in two weeks…. OK maybe only $17k. Anybody want to hire this guy as a test pilot?

BobCat

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
And people wonder why our insurance rates are going up year after year.
I hope the loser will no longer be able to get coverage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
And people wonder why insurance companies are no longer insuring these big sleds, or not insuring snowmobiles at all!!
People like that should not be allowed to own sleds!

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
With insurance co's already breaking our backs rate wise theres no way we can afford to keep paying for this guys stupidity.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wow. Last week I saw an accident with a new ZR8 and a yamaha viper. It was a mess. We had seen that sled in the local dealer a day ago and then we saw it in pieces with 38 miles on the speedo a day later. There was gas, antifreeze, and beer cans all over the place. The cops said they hit at over 65 and the viper T-boned him. It was scary

·
Registered
614 Posts
Our group had an accident this past weekend when an 18 year old total rookie on a 97 ZRT800 (why is he on such a powerful sled with no riding experience, I have no friggin' idea) following too close behind the guy in front's snow cloud TOTALLY missed a right hand sweeper and made a straight line for a tree about 10'' in diameter. He hit that tree so friggin' hard that the leaves on the tree sprayed a line 20' in front of it. He hit it dead center pushing the motor's primary clutch almost into the secondary. The rear skid boagies were a good 4'' off the ground as the ruined sled sat on trail once it was pryed off the tree. The handlebars were folded forward. The area where the suspension arms mount to the sled was folded in. And now the kicker, the guy did not get a scratch!!!!!!!!!!! He did have a blank stare for a couple hours, though. A miracle, indeed.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i was in jackman maine about 2 weeks ago me and a friend came up on these 2 people a guy on a xc500 with mirrors and a nice lookin gal on a new xcsp 800prox about maybe hour later my friend was shaking his head in disbelief then i looked and saw what she did coming up on a hill her boyfriend decided to stop so she could catch up when all of a sudden she ramed him from behind luckily he had mirrors and pulled away just in time but still got some impact not much she rolled over to the right upside down smashing the windshield no one was hurt just plastic my friend helped them roll the sled back over on it,s ski,s boy did he rip into her bigtime goes to show you it can happen to anyone even someone you know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Shit, I got t-boned, my dad hit me from the side, doin' about 65, accually he landed half on me, off a jump, I never even saw him, he never saw me, it sucked. his sled did a half barrell roll, and flipped if upside down, mine was just totaled, it sucked. then I went off a double, hit a rock, threw me off, then it hit a tree, then a tree well colapsed, smashing me and the sled into the tree, then I rolled it off of a mountain, then I did a gap jump, and landed on a rock, thats the only one that hurt me, ruptured a disk in my back, but the sleds fine. I've had my fair share of wrecks, all on my 94 EXT, but I save my sno-pro for the races and shit, I dont want to wreck it. Hell, I got asked to be on slednecks6, maby cuz i'm soo crazy, but dont worry, I dont have insurance, so dont blame me for the high rates!!!

Longtrack Sno-Pro, let the ass kickin' begin!!!
Hesitation is devistation!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the almost the exact same story as SnoProG with only three small detail changes, the 17 year old kid was on a 3 cylinder SKi Doo, he hit a telephone poll, and he was DOA. I wasn't there at the time but he was a kid I knew and was riding with friends of mine.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
you guys are the reason i cant afford ins i pay for damage out of my own pocket so far only one windshield a year

·
Registered
863 Posts
since i started getting ins 3 years ago on my trail and ice sleds i have not crashed or made a claim, so you cant blame it on be...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I dont even know where to get ins. But its pry something that I need to look into. As for other ppl, I try not to do anything where I might hit or hurt someone else. I havent been sleddin' for like a month, I cant, since I blew that disk out of my back, the doc. wont let me, or he says that if I land wrong on it before it heals, then I'm paralized, done for life.

Longtrack Sno-Pro...Let the Ass kickin' begin'!!!
Hesitation is Devistation!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts