Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got just under 200 miles on my sled. (standard susp) I can push it down in front, and it stays there! Looks pretty droopy sitting there...doesn't feel right. I know AC recommends a shock rebuild after the first 200 miles...Am I going to be looking at this at 400, 600, 800, etc? :huh:

Has CAT ever warranteed this, or am I reaching for the checkbook? Never had a shock problem this early with my other AC sleds... :wacko: :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
jusyt revalved my rear shocks w/rebuild and it was forty bucks per shock with another tweenty for the new valves. that was with me removing the shocks myself.100 total

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had the rear lose all dampening, would just stay down if you pushed on it. Took it to the dealer and they said the pressure in it was a little low but nothing that would have caused it to do that. So i dont know...havnt had a problem with it after that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
<_< one std shock in front blew the N2 to the oil side, which is bad, from a screw with an Oring. My shocks were way soft too. I had all 4 revalved stiffer, and i am getting F-6 springs for the front. Already have SP springs in the back with overload blocks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I blew both rear shocks on mine at 150 miles, cat would not cover them but my dealer did. Now I have about 850 miles on it with a blown motor, this is getting fun.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
we have had to rebuild shocks right out of the crate. got an f6 in and the rear shock had air in it, the answer to your question yes they are junk. replace them with ohlins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts