Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed i got a crack in my bulkhead. i was wondering were some common places that your bulkhead cracks at on these sleds..the weld is cracked on both sides infront of were the tunnel rivets on, above the front exchanger. also all the rivets holding my bulkhead on are loose. also the rivets for my steering hoop, and footwells are ALL loose. should be a fun rivet filled day tommorow :banghead:

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
while you are at it check the 3 bolts for bearing plat for the upper jack shaft bearing behind the secondary clutch. Mine came loose and hogged out the holes in the bulk head. There is also a 1/4 20 bolt under the air box.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Greg B.@Oct 17 2005, 08:02 PM
while you are at it check the 3 bolts for bearing plat for the upper jack shaft bearing behind the secondary clutch. Mine came loose and hogged out the holes in the bulk head. There is also a 1/4 20 bolt under the air box.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936224
[/quote]
all those bolts are fine the bolt that goes in verticly with the nut that screws on above the track is actually missing, so i gotta get one of those. other than that its all fine.. i replaced more then 80 rivets today, with a hand riveter, talk about fun!! all my heat exchanger rivets were loose too. i did all the heat exchanger, footwells, and bulkhead rivets. i swear im surprised that tunnel didnt fall off. i got to clean up the engine compartment a bit too while i was at it :div20:

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, also. is there any greese zerks hidden anywhere under the airbox that i can grease now while i have it all apart?

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
didnt notice any hidden zerks on mine. Yeah samething happend with mine that top bolt came out cause the hole thing to come loose and start moving on me.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I noticed my '99 had some cracked welds behind the tie rod boots on both sides, so I pulled the bellypan sides off and had it TIG welded so it was better than new. Never any trouble with loose rivets on mine.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Big Gun@Oct 18 2005, 08:49 PM
I noticed my '99 had some cracked welds behind the tie rod boots on both sides, so I pulled the bellypan sides off and had it TIG welded so it was better than new. Never any trouble with loose rivets on mine.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939176
[/quote]
well i had those boots off and never noticed anything. maybe ill double check. i couldnt believe all the loose rivets on mine. the heat exchanger and bulkhead maybe had 4 tight rivets TOTAL. i drilled them all out to 5mm and replaced them with 5mm rivets. hopefully it will hold up. i think i might strip it all down next year, get it welded, and polish the bulkhead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts