Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any budy get any answers to the cracked bulkheads. have 06 dragon didn't think i had till i looked close. Crack is under pto side runsabouy 1/2inch, looked at my buddys sled same thing. just get it welded or dealer recall somebudy always seem to have the answers on here thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
First I've heard of this, could you post a pic???

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
there was a good post a few weeks back that AKraceing showed how to fix it , I think it was here or snow west I was reading it on. Seams its a known issue , polairs race dept has a bullitin on it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill try to get some pic. the crack is clucth side under the sled wright where the track turns by the cogs. you can see with a flashlight. its a hair line crack

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
If it were mine and it were still under warranty first thing I would do is find out whether or not Polarise is issueing NEW parts.. If they are and I could get at it I would talk to my dealer about oking me to drill a pilot hole at the end of the crack and finish out the season with it.. I have done this on several occasions and it works fine. I wouldnt go with the weld job for fear of Polaris considering it "fixed" and losing the chance to get a new/updated tunnel.. Sure seems like they would have a chassis with stronger bracing in that area...
Anyway,, you dont want your sled down for the rest of the season.. Wayyyyyyy to much time left to ride!!!
Ripperrrrrr

·
Registered
180 Posts
All of the IQ chassis sleds crack right there under the pto side. It is common and that piece is not a structural member in the chassis. Im not sure why they crack right there but I wouldn't worry about it. Mine started cracking when it was brand new and I raced it all season without any problems, it now has over 2000 miles. My sleds that have cracked are: 05 900 fusion, 06 600 fusion, 07 600 cfi and 07 700 dragon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mike 500. Had it welded up today looks good. That is the spot that cracked i have about 5000 miles on the sled so i cant complain i guees? The crack was about 1/8 inch not bad compaired to my budys who has the same sled with only 2000 miles and a1/2 inch crack or more, And yes mike it was under the pto side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts